11

Yeonjun hadn't meant for it to happen, but it did. He fell asleep under the stars with Beomgyu. The next time he woke up it was early morning. The sun had begun to rise but only barley, giving the morning blue light effect. 

Beomgyu was still asleep. Yeonjun smiled and went to wake him up- until his phone buzzed. At first, he wondered what that noise was; he wasn't used to receiving text messages.

4 NEW MESSAGES FROM SOOBIN

'where are you?' sent at 11:34 AM

'I tried to cover for you but Jae found out you left...' sent at 12:54 AM

'he's really starting to freak out' sent at 3:03 AM

'Yeonjun are you okay?' sent at 6:22 AM

"Fuck" Yeonjun almost forgot that he wasn't a normal teenager; he was a prince who was supposed to be kept in hiding. He looked at Beomgyu. He knew he wouldn't be able to wake him up now. The prince kissed the sleeping boys forehead and ran off into a sprint. 

...

"Jae, calm down" Jin tried to calm down Jae. 

The blonde nanny was currently smoking a cigarette out on the balcony, he was shaking from anger and fear. He was angry that Yeonjun left, but he was scared because he didn't know where his son was, or if he was okay. 

"He never does this, s..sure he leaves for a few hours at a time AND MAYBE I let it slide sometimes, but he's NEVER been out this long." Jae ran a shaking hand through his hair before taking a deep drag out of his cigarette. 

"We'll find him" 

As if on cue Soobin came running into Jae's room. 

"They found him!" Soobin said through pants. Jae dropped his cigarette.

"Is he okay?"

"Y...yes, the guards... found him a little bit...little bit outside the borders. 

...

Yeonjun knew he screwed up when he saw Jae's face. Yeonjun gulped.

"Apa-" Jae cut him off.

"Where were you?" Jae didn't ask, he demanded. His voice was dry and stern and his face stoic. Yeonjun stayed quiet. "Well?" Jae asked again.

"...The festival"

"The festival?! why did you think it was okay to do that?!"

"I just-"

"How did you even get passed the guards?!"

"They were-"

"Do you know how worried I was? I didn't even know if you were safe!"

"I was safe!"

"Why are you doing this Yeonjun? why all of a sudden are you sneaking off!"

"It's not a big deal Apa-"

"YES IT IS! You're sneaking off, lying to me. You're hiding things! why are you doing this!"

"Because I feel trapped! I don't want to be here!"

"Do you know know how many people would love to be in your place?"

"NOBODY WOULD WANT TO FUCKING BE ME!" Yeonjun finally exploded "NOBODY WOULD WANT TO BE HIDDEN, AND NOBODY WOULD WANT TO BE LONELY, AND SAD, AND BORED ALL THE FUCKING TIME! I HATE IT HERE!"

"It's only until your beautillion ball."

"and then what?"

"Then you start your journey to becoming-"