42

In the morning Beomgyu wakes up and realizes his horrible mistake. The prince is on his back sleeping peacefully while Beomgyu is trying his best to quietly leave the room.

He doesn't know what came over him last night when he agreed to stay but now he's terrified. Him and Yeonjun didn't do anything besides sleep, but that in itself felt dangerous.

Or maybe it just weirded him the fuck out. Yeonjun had disappeared from him life in a single night, a single instant. Their goodbye was confusing and sudden, with no closure whatsoever. It almost felt as if Yeonjun had died that night.

But he wasn't dead. His cheeks were rosy and his heart was beating.

With one last look at the prince he shuts the door and scurries down the hallway. He doesn't get very far when he almost runs into Taehyun in the hallway. The prince was reading a book and his startled when Beomgyu and him almost collid.

"Beomgyu?" Taehyun resists a sigh. He shouldn't even be surprised at this point "let me guess, Yeonjun brought you here?"

The photographer gulps and nods his head "I-I was just leaving" this time Taehyun rolls his eyes.

"First of all, you shouldn't be wandering the castle halls by yourself- need I remind you what happened last time you did? Second of all, I recall Jii very excitedly telling me that he was going to eat breakfast with you today, and I don't think it's fair to disappoint him"

"Oh my god I almost forgot about that" Beomgyu slaps his forehead in frustration.

Taehyun very obviously eyes the photographer from head to toe with an emotionaless face, then looks him straight in the face. With the same facial expression (rather lack of) he speaks in a sweet upbeat voice "I was on my way to breakfast right now, come on we'll go together"

"What about Yeonjun?"

"What do you care, weren't you trying to get away from him anyways?" Taehyun motions Beomgyu to follow him with his finger.

Truthfully, Beomgyu is a bit confused. He's not sure if Taehyun is nice or not.

...

Yeonjun wakes up but keeps his eyes closed. He felt so at peace right now he didn't want to waste it by opening his eyes to reveal the world.

He tosses his hand to the side where Beomgyu should be sleeping but instead slaps the bed sheets. The prince shoots up straight and scans the bedroom in search for his bus boy. It didn't take Yeonjun long to realize the situation.

Beomgyu had left without a word.

"Ouch" Is it allowed to hurt if he deserved it?

...

His hurt was short lived when he went to breakfast and found Beomgyu sitting next to Jii, the youngest prince talking about his usual life, talking about all the lessons and weird people he constantly met.

Unfortunately since Yeonjun was late to breakfast he had to across from Beomgyu and not next to him.

"Goodmorning, what are we talking about?" Yeonjuns full attention was on Beomgyu. Their eyes lock and the photographer looks away in panic.

"Jii was telling me about a museum he visited in Tai Wei" Beomgyu says

"Oh the art one? I swear we went around each section four times, he really loved it" Jae speaks up.

"Can you come with me next time?" Jii looks at Beomgyu with hopeful eyes, and how could Beomgyu say anything unhopeful?

"I would-" he spares a quick glance at the prince across from him "-love that"

Taehyun watches silently, his heart aching the entire time, but he perfectly fakes his peace.

...

"Thank you for attending breakfast" The prince thanked Beomgyu on the walk to the car to take him home.

"I only went for Jii" Beomgyu clears the air.

"I know" The prince smiles and opens the car door for Beomgyu.

"Shouldn't it be the commoner opening the door for the prince?"

"When I'm around you I'm not a prince"

"Then what are you?"

"A fool" The words catch Beomgyu off guard and he scurried inside the car to avoid this conversation from escalating.

"To your house?" Yeonjun asks Beomgyu for confirmation.

"Yes the address is-"

"He already knows" Yeonjun motions the chauffeur to start the drive.

"Should I be concerned that your chauffeur has my address memorized?" The photographer raises a brow.

"I'm in love with you, what else would you expect" Beomgyu turns his head to look out the window so that prince wouldn't see his blush.

"You're in love with me but you're married to someone else"

"It wasn't my not my choice!"

"Marriage is marriage. You still have the ring and title."

"But I don't have the love, so why should it still count?"

"H-how can you not love him at this point? You've spent longer with him than you did with me" Beomgyu is insecure. He can't help but think that Taehyun and Yeonjun are a better match. Not only are they both Royal but they just look right together. When they stand next to one another they both wear expensive clothes with perfect hair and faces that only royals could have; and Beomgyu? Well... he's just him, and he can't really find anything sparkly about him.

"What does it matter how long I've known him. He's not you. I could be with him the rest of my life and I still wouldn't love him because he still wouldn't be you"

The words bring a beautiful ache to Beomgyus chest. He looks at the prince- actually looks at him.

His dark hair much longer now, grown out into a mullet. His face had matured; eyebrows thicker and jaw like more defined.

If Beomgyu stares hard enough, he can still see Daniel.

"The funny thing is-" Beomgyu swallows hard "-I could be with you for the rest of my life, but you still wouldn't be Daniel"

That night he met Yeonjun was the day Daniel died. The boy he knew, the boy he loved, that wasn't Yeonjun. In fact, this man sitting right next to him is nothing like the wild boy he met in the alley way.

"I love you so much Beomgyu" Yeonjun's voice cracks.

"This isn't okay Yeonjun. You need to leave me alone. Stop going to my work, stop taking me to the castle. This isn't fair. You know exactly what you're doing." Beomgyu loses all rational thoughts when he's around the Prince.

Daniel and Yeonjun share the same body after all.

The Prince stares at Beomgyu for a moment or two. Silence takes over the car and Beomgyu stupidly waits for a response.

The prince sighs heavily. His shoulders dropping; he leans back and with full eyes, he says "No."

Beomgyu blinks shocked "No? What do you mean no!?"

"I'm not going to leave you again. I already decided."

"You had no problem with it before!"

"Daniel had no problem with it, but I do" The prince takes hold of Beomgyus shaking hand and brings up the photographers bony knuckles to his lips; kissing them softly.

The action shocks Beomgyu and he jerks his hand away and throws the car door open.

Outside of the car he faces the prince and points a threatening finger, car door still open and all "I-I'm serious! You b-better leave me alone o-or else!"

The prince smiles fondly "I missed you threatening me" the words make Beomgyus face heat up. He nervously slams the car door and runs into his apartment. Once inside and locks the door and presses his back against the door, like he was scared someone would try getting in.