43

Seonghwa walks into his office, feeling like he needs to do something but isn't sure what.

"Sir?" Yooa pokes her head into his office.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have time for a walk in?" The dentist looks at his wall to see if he had time. His schedule along with personal was so busy it was hard to keep track of everything, but according to his wall of sticky notes; today and right now was free.

"Yes I do" He smiles with confidence.

...

Seonghwa is an hour late. Beomgyu has been waiting at the dinner table feeling like an idiot. He wants to get up and leave but his anger is so strong that he's lost feeling in his legs.

"The bastard begs for me back only to forget our anniversary?" The photographer thinks bitterly to himself.

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress approaches the table for the fifth time already.

"A-ah no not yet, I'm still waiting for someone" his face heats up in embarrassment. He knew Seonghwa wouldn't come but he still hoped.

Beomgyu even went as far as leaving a sticky note on his office wall to ensure this wouldn't happen.

Maybe he just doesn't care.

...

"We've both been invited to attend the Ceremony of Blossoms" Taehyun says to Yeonjun during their car ride back to the castle. They just finished their schedule for today.

The ceremony of Blossoms is where all the princes and princesses of the 14 kingdoms attend to watch the blossom of a cherry blossom tree in the middle of winter. The tree is sacred and blooms every year for only 14 minutes before it withers again.

This ceremony is a great time for the future Kings and Queens to mingle and build alliances, and even negotiate in the stead of their current Kings and Queens.

"Ugh I hate being surrounded by those rich pricks" Yeonjun sighs and rubs his eyes from the frustration of thinking about those snobs.

"Since we have yet to be crowned we have been invited separately. I as Prince of Tai Wei and you as Prince of Obeliav, which means we have an extra 'plus one' to invite. Are you taking Soobin?"

"Yeah probably, what about you?" Yeonjun asks

"I'm not sure yet.." Taehyun hums.

Yeonjun stops paying attention when he notices what street they're on.

"Stop right here" he tells the chauffeur who does so without hesitation.

"What's going on?" Taehyun asks quizzically

"I have something I need to do" the prince explains while getting out of the car.

"What is it?"

"I'm meeting someone" He smiles and shut the car door.

Taehyun didn't have to ask anymore questions

After all, theres only one person who could bring a smile to Yeonjuns face like that.

...

Perhaps it was wrong of Yeonjun to do what he did. It was bad enough that he got rid of the anniversary reminder, but now he's going to meet with Beomgyu during his time of distress.

He wanted to show up as the knight in shinning armor. Even if he was the cause of the distress.

Was it selfish? Yes