15

Yeonjun knew this was bound to happen. He knew that he would have to marry another royal; after all, it's a tradition.

Tradition. He hated that word.

"Yeonjun?" Jae knocks on the Prince's bedroom door. Yeonjun quickly hides his phone by sitting on it.

"Come in" He called out. He quickly took his seat next to the prince on the couch.

"So, what do you think about him?"

"He's...really great" Yeonjun couldn't lie. Taehyun was really nice and easy to get along with.

"You don't sound too excited"

"Should I be?"

"Well, you are going to marry him" Yeonjun clenched his fists around his sweat pants.

" I don't love him" Yeonjun said.

"Not yet, but I'm sure you will learn to"

"Oh yeah, cause that sure worked out for my parents," Yeonjun said bitterly. He knew his parent's despised each other. It was no secret, even the kingdom knew it.

"Most royals are betrothed at birth, but I waited until I could find somebody who is worthy of your love. Taehyun is smart, handsome, really kind and has a beautiful soul. He-"

"You don't get to decide who's worthy of my love!" Yeonjun snapped.

"I knew you wouldn't like this, but you must understand that it is tradition"

"Is it also a tradition to be miserable?" The prince crossed his arms over his chest and raised a brow. Jae let out a sad sigh and stood up to take his leave.

"Taehyun is flying back here tomorrow to have dinner with us again. Please treat him well" Jae gave his son a small smile before leaving the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Yeonjun didn't have to be told to treat Taehyun well. He wasn't mad at the royal- after all, he was being forced into this as well. In fact, Yeonjun shouldn't even be angry at Jae. He was just doing what he had to do.

Whose fault is it then?

...

"Is something bothering you?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun that night. The two were refilling sauce bottles together in the back.

"no, why?"

"You look like something is troubling you.." Beomgyu trailed off.

"Oh yeah, I'm troubled at you taking so long to do this" Yeonjun teased the bus boy. Beomgyu gasped and glared playfully.

"Oh yeah? at least I'm not covered in ketchup"

"I'm not-" before Yeonjun could finish his words, Beomgyu squirted ketchup all over Yeonjuns work shirt, leaving his chest covered in the red sauce. Yeonjun didn't even think when he squirted ketchup back atBeomgyu. He was aiming for his shirt- but ended up shooting his face.

The two stood in silence momentarily, and as if their brains linked together, they both began firing sauce at one another. They ran around the kitchen like children, shooting sauce everywhere. Once a bottle of sauce ran out they got a new one off the table and continued their fight.

"Okay, okay I surrender! I surrender!" Yeonjun laughed with his arms up. He was backed up in the corner by Beomgyu who was pointing a  bottle threateningly at him.

"Mercy is for the weak!" Beomgyu squeezes the sauce bottle and Yeonjun shuts his eyes, waiting to be hit, but it never comes. When he opens his eyes again he finds Beomgyu squeezing the not empty sauce bottle; desperately trying to get something out.