40

Waking up with Beomgyu beside him did wonders for the prince. For the first time in a long time he was able to sleep soundly, and when he woke up he didn't have his usual morning anxiety.

Of course it had everything to do with the beautiful boy sleeping soundly next to him.

Yes Yeonjun thinks to himself he looks loveliest when he's next to me

The prince uses his index finger and thumb to stroke a thick strand of soft hair on the photographers head. Beomgyu stirs slightly and his breath deepens momentarily, only to go back to being at peace.

Yeonjun's phone vibrates on the night stand next to him. The vibration against the wood is actually pretty loud so the prince is in a rush to answer it so that Beomgyu wouldn't wake up yet. It was only 7:39 AM after all.

"What" Yeonjun answers the phone

"Good morning to you too your highness" Soobin says on the other line "your presence is needed in the throne room"

"Ughhhh does it have anything to do with me leaving the banquet early?" The prince asks

"It has everything to do with that" Soobin hangs up the phone.

Yeonjun looks over the the sleeping boy next to him and sighs heavily.

He promises to try to be back before Beomgyu wakes up. He won't argue this time like normal and just accept whatever punishment they decide.

With a heavy heart, the prince carefully gets out of bed, cautious to not make any loud noises.

He leaves the room and suddenly feels like he's freezing. Yeonjun wants to hurry up with this damn lecture to get back to Beomgyu as soon as possible.

...

The first thing Beomgyu thinks when he wakes up is he needs water. The photographer stirs around in the sheets for a second before he realizes the quality of his sleeping arrangements.

He shoots up and takes a look at his surroundings. He wasnt sure where he was but it looked expensive. The only possible explanation is Yeonjun.

Beomgyu doesn't find the prince next to him, but the mattress sheets and pillows were proof that the prince had been there.

Maybe he wanted to give the prince the benefit of the doubt, or perhaps he was selfish, either way, Beomgyu searches the room for the prince, but sure enough he's alone.

He's upset and feels stupid. He remembers calling Yeonjun last night and he even remembers everything they talked about. Despite that, Yeonjun left him again. It was like a slap in his face.

Beomgyu finds a mini fridge and opens it to find it filled with water bottles. He chugs them all down to get his body working and feeling less like shit.

The room doesn't look personal, reminding the boy of an expensive hotel room he sees on the ads- actually it looked even more expensive than those. Gold and white pillars on either side of the extra king sized bed. The floors tiles so clean he could see his reflection off of. He would have stayed to admire it more but right now he wanted to go home and shower.

So, Beomgyu leaves the room. He steps out into a wide spacious hallway and realization hits him.

"Fuuuck I'm in the castle" his heart starts pounding against his chest and he has two options, return back to the room or make a run for it- well not actually run because THATS rude.

Beomgyu starts moving forward. If he tries not to draw so much attention then everything should be fine right? It's not like he wanted to be here anyways.