25

Somewhere deep inside the city, inside some local record store under ceiling light with faulty lighting, a runaway prince stared at the back of a curly-haired busboy, Yeonjun finds himself reaching out to Beomgyu but quickly retracts his hand when Beomgyu turns around.

"No way! they have Slaughter Beach Dog!"

"Never heard of them," Yeonjun says honestly.

"You shall on our walk" The curly-haired boy starts walking and Yeonjun follows instinctively, his hands dug deep inside the pockets of his sweats.

The busboy runs his fingertips softly on top of the records as he passes by. Dust inevitably transferring onto him but he didn't care.

"It's only going to get colder, you should wear something heavier than a hoodie," Beomgyu says to the prince as he begins to head out of the store.

"I already told you that I just have to hold you close to me to be warm" The prince smiles.

"Yeah but I won't always be able to be by your side," He says realistically. Beomgyu and Yeonjun make it outside, the cold air hitting their faces, and Yeonjun shakes without warning.

"What? you cant?!" Yeonjun acts shocked by gasping dramatically and clutching your heart "This is the worst thing i've heard since ever" to add to his tantrum, he crosses his arms over his chest and sticks his nose up in the air. The next thing Yeonjun felt was something warm and soft wrapping around his neck lightly. Beomgyu had taken off his scarf and put it around Yeonjun.

"What did you give me this for?"

"So you could be warm, now listen to this!" Beomgyu sticks an earbud inside Yeonjuns ear and the other one goes in his own ear. Before the prince could say anything else a song begins playing. The soft voice and upbeat tone caught Yeonjuns interest

"Everything new is a little bit bad, and everything old turns you offf! I cant take these locals Annie when all they do is scoff at usssss" Beomgyu sings loud enough for just Yeonjun to hear, although he wasn't singing for the prince to hear, he just sang because he loved the song. It was the first time Yeonjun had heard the busboy sing, and all it took was one listen to know that it was his favorite sound in the world.

That Tuesday morning, while walking to get breakfast, the prince realizes he's never been this happy in his life before.

...

The camera points at Beomgyu who was sipping on his pink drink. He's staring out the window in one picture, the next is him noticing the camera, and the last is him shyly covering his face.

"Ackk no I look horrible right now, delete them!"

"Nope"

"Whatever, i'll delete them myself when I get the chance"

"Goodluck" Yeonjun smiles. His smile falls when Beomgyu looks out the window again. He looked tired and even a little worried. The prince had been trying to bring up that he found out Beomgyu's financial situation, but he finds it hard to find a good time.

"You know you can talk to me about anything"

"I know" Beomgyu smiles brightly.

"Anything" Yeonjun tries again in hopes that the busboy would come clean, but he should have known better. Beomgyu keeps his bright smile and nods.

"Okay"

"Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"I'm scared of frogs"

"Frogs?"

"Yes- like, why are they green? You know what else is green? Aliens." The prince holds back a laugh, but shows a smile.