51

Once returning to Obeliav's airport, Soobin accompanied Huening Kai back to his home for some rest. Beomgyu was going to go home as well, seeing that this was a family matter that didn't need a photographer present; but Yeonjun stopped the photographer by desperately grabbing his hand like a child.

"Don't leave"

"Yeonjun, will they even let me inside the Kings palace?"

"They'll have to or else I won't go"

"It's not my place-"

"I'm scared Beomgyu.. I've never even been in the same building as him" The prince might as well have been begging the photographer.

Just then, Beomgyu recalled a memory; of him and Daniel.

It was that time of year when fall hasn't completely left but winter is at the door step. The sky is grey blue and air crisp; like the sound of crunching leaves under Beomgyu and Daniel's foot steps.

It actually was the only sound right now, aside from the passing cars. Beomgyu nervous and twiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"What are you thinking?" Daniel asks his boyfriend

"Maybe I shouldn't do this"

"Why do you think that?"

"...I'm scared" Daniel wraps an arm around his boyfriend's shoulders and pulls him close. Beomgyu could feel the thumbing of his boyfriends heart and the warmth of his body, it brought comfort. Grounded him.

"That's understandable, but do it scared"

"Easier said than done" Daniel smiled sadly

Beomgyus mom had relapsed again. She crashed her car into the neighbors mailbox the other night. Then she proceeded to repeatedly call Beomgyu until he answered, and when he did, she only had anger spewing out of her voice. The night was spent by a lot of fighting and fighting; can't handle the toxicity anymore. Right now, him and Daniel are going over to his mom's house to set his boundaries and explain that until she can stay clean, she will never see or speak to her son again.

"It's not going to be easy, but I'm here with you so you can give me some of the fight too" they were nearing the house right now, and Beomgyu felt like he's going to throw up, but he wasn't alone, and that made things feel easier.

"Of course i'll go with you" Beomgyu smiles at the prince.

"This isn't an event Beomgyu, you won't be taking pictures there" the prince wanted to be sure that the photographer understood what this would mean.

"I know, it's family time"

...

For the first time in a long time, it was just Beomgyu and Yeonjun.

The kings castle was off on its own island so to get there you have to board a ferry. The ride was quite loud so the two could comfortably not speak on the way there. Beomgyu looks at the prince from the corner of his eyes and he looks concentrated. Like he trying to figure something out. The photographer wonders how he's feeling- perhaps thats what he was trying to figure out.

 The photographer wonders how he's feeling- perhaps thats what he was trying to figure out