54

Yeonjun wakes up in the middle of the night, he keeps his eyes closed, fully intending to fall back asleep but first reaches out to feel Beomgyu. The prince is afraid to call it what it is, but its becoming a habit every night.

This time he doesn't feel the warmth of his lovers body; this caused him to open his eyes. He pushes himself up and looks around the dark room, the only light being a blue one emanating from the moon through a large window.

That's when the prince finds Beomgyu standing in front of the window looking out.

Yeonjun gets up from bed and joins Beomgyu to see what he was looking out.

"I barley ever see that stars nowadays" Yeonjun says upon arrival.

Looking out the window you could see a beautiful court yard garden leading out into a forest. Not large enough to get lost in but one large enough to hide in. Glowing above was  the blue moon and thousands of stars.

"Does that make you sad?" Beomgyu asks.

The question earns a shrug from the prince while he says "I love the city lights. Before I met you, I spent 17 years the moon; kind of like how it is here. Blue is beautiful but the city has luminous."

Yeonjun wraps his arms around the photographer and rests he chin down on his left shoulder after kissing his lovers cheek "anyways, why aren't you asleep?" He questions

"I don't know, I can't sleep" Beomgyu says. It was partially the truth.

After Yeonjun had fallen asleep, Beomgyu had found himself fully intaking the situation, and what the Kings passing will mean.

"You're lying" Yeonjun him calls out "I know you, and I know when you're over thinking"

Beomgyu softly sighs "what are we doing"

"I don't know what you mean but I'll tell you what we could be doing" The prince begins playfully and lovingly kissing his neck and cheek, but the cause the photographer to pull away.

"Y-you're about to be king"

Yeonjun sadly smiles, knowing where this is going "Yeah"

"Oh my God, you're about to be king, and you're married" Beomgyu takes some steps back, it gets harder to breathe and he feels a little light headed.

"We were betrothed"

"He's in love with you Yeonjun! I know it, you know it, and we still... we still did this"

"I love you, not Taehyun. I'm never going to feel bad about that and I will never stop choosing you."

"Yeonjun. I feel like a whore. You, Prince Yeonjun, are married to Prince Taehyun. We are having an affair and that means I'm having an affair w-with the future King"

"Who cares, no one's going to do anything about it, I'm about to be king, right?"

"But I'm not!" Beomgyu had done his best to keep him composure until now "Me, Choi Beomgyu, is not going to be King. If the public finds out about us do you understand how it will effect my life? I could get harrased in public or no one will want to book with me!"

"I think you sometimes forget that I do in fact have a life away from you Yeonjun!.. how could I ever be with a king?" Beomgyu is angry, but at himself.

How could he ever think he could be with the Prince when they can never even hold hands in public, and Beomgyu finds reason in it.

Yeonjun was an amazing public figure, admired and respected by everyone. He needs someone like Taehyun next to him. Someone who always knows what to do and is sure of themselves. He didn't deserve someone like the Prince