34

Relief filled Jae when he saw Yeonjun. All these sleepless nights and horrid days of not knowing where his son was, not knowing if he was safe, or eating or even alive, finally he could rest.

Yeonjun, on the other hand, could not stop shaking. He had just been caught, and he had no idea how to get out of this net. He was terrified, but also, he felt happy. He missed Jae, and despite not admitting it, all he wanted after seeing Jae that night in the castle was to hug him. Yeonjun runs into Jae's arms and cries. Jae, of course, holds him tight, he holds back his tears. He makes eye contact with Jin, who is shocked.

"Uh... do you two know each other?" Beomgyu asks. When the prince hears his boyfriend's voice he cries even harder and buries his face in Jae's shoulder, too afraid to look at him.

"I'm his dad" Jae informs the busboy.

"Oh shit"

...

There was tension, but Bemgyu was oblivious to it. After finding out Jae was Yeonjuns dad, he became frantic to cook something good. He wanted to make a good impression so he was freaking out. He was in the kitchen cooking, and Yeonjun wanted to help but Beomgyu insisted he spends some time with his dad, which wasn't the issue, no, it was Jin.

"Oh my god, your hair is all burnt" Jae touches Yeonjuns hair but still smiles softly, completely happy to have his son back. 

"But I thought I did a good job"

"Well yes, but you still burnt it. You must have left the bleach in too long" 

"So how did you meet Beomgyu?" Jin asks

"Oh yes! tell me about him" Jae says excitedly

"Uh... I ran into him one day after running away"

"Why haven't you told him?" Jin questions.

"Hellloooo I hope we all like chicken wings!" Beomgyu returns and sets how a large rack of wings.

"I'm starved!" Yeonjun begins stuffing his mouth with food and Jae is about to get onto him but Beomgyu beats him to it.

"You're going to choke! I've already told you this" Beomgyu sends Yeonjun a look and the prince slows down his pace and smiles apologetically. 

"Forgive me?" 

"Only if you wash the dishes" 

"Ughhhh if I must" 

"I bought you new shoes try not to wear through these fast like the other ones"

"Where are they?"

"Front counter, you better not forget them like you always do your phone" 

"Okay!"

"and don't eat with your mouth open"

"Okay!"

"You're doing it again" 

"Forgive me?"

"Sure whatever" They bickered like an old married couple, but they were smiling through it all. Jae saw this and it filled his heart with warmth. He was worried about Yeonjun this whole time but it seemed like Beomgyu was taking good care of him. He looked happier and more lively. 

"By the way, you need to stop teaching Jii to be rude" Beomgyu says

"You saw him today?"

"Yes, and he called your dad a grandpa!" Yeonjun laughs

"Did he apa? what else did he do?" He asks Jae

"Well, he was on the way to kill the king because all Kings are rapscallions" Jae takes a bite of his chicken wing.