9

Weekends were most boring because those are the days when the restaurant is closed. Yeonjun laid on his back on top of his bed. The castle was completely empty besides the guards, who were getting drunk downstairs and celebrating on their own.

Today is the Kings birthday, and everybody is either at the festival, or the castle celebrating.

Everybody except Yeonjun.

Even Soobin left to the Kings birthday party.

"What's the point in having a castle if it always feels empty" Yeonjun sighed and sat up. He looked around his room trying to find something to do.

'I miss Beomgyu' Yeonjun thought. With no hesitation, he took out his phone and pulled up Beomgyu's contact information.

The young Prince debated for a moment.

...

Despite the restaurant not being open on weekends, Beomgyu still found himself working. Tonight he was scrubbing the place spotless clean before the health inspector makes an appearance.

Tonight everybody was celebrating the Kings birthday. Even Huening Kai is at the festival with his friends. Beomgyu had originally planned to go as well, but work caught up to him.

Currently, Beomgyu was scrubbing the register with a toothbrush.

The front door chimed open signaling the arrival of a new body.

"I'm sorry, we're closed tonight" Beomgyu looked up and smiled when he saw who just walked in.

"You're closed, yet you're still working" Seokjin smacked his tongue.

"Jin! how have you been, it's been a while since you came around" Beomgyu smiled brightly.

"It's only been a few weeks," Jin remarked while setting a plastic bag down on the register counter.

"It feels longer" Jin was really the only adult figure in Beomgyu and Kai's life.

"I know, I'm sorry, i've been busy with work" Jin admitted guiltily.

"No need to explain, I'm sure working at the castle gets really busy, especially around the Kings birthday. Now, thats it's over though maybe you can stop by one night and I'll cook for you!"

"I'd love that. Despite the Kings birthday passing, there's an even larger event coming up that I have to plan"

"Bigger than the Kings birthday? what could it be?"

"I guess you'll have to wait and find out-" Jin winked playfully. "-I brought some vegetables for the restaurant. How is it holding up?"

"Good!"

"What about finances? are the bills getting paid? I can help-"

"W-we're doing fine! we even got a new worker. His name's Daniel and he's actually been a really big help"

"That's so nice to hear. I have to leave now, they're expecting me at the palace. I'll stop by very soon and meet this Daniel"

The two exchanged goodbye's and Seokjin was off on his way, leaving Beomgyu alone once again. The busboy went back to scrubbing momentarily before his phone started ringing. He reached into his back pocket and answered without checking the caller ID. He expected it to be Kai.

"What's up" Beomgyu said

"What are you doing?" Yeonjun asked

"D..Daniel? hey, uh, I'm just chilling... what about you?"