Chapter 4 - KAT

The door opened and shut quickly, then the various locks clicked, even the deadbolt was shut, we never use the deadbolt. I got up and turned to see a terrified looking Jack. I ran over to him to hug him, but he pushed me off.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Fuck off Kat," he replied. Bad day at work maybe? "Who the fuck was that?"

"Was what?" I asked.

"You know what, they pushed me in an alleyway, told me stuff about me that I swear no one knows."

"What do you mean? Like what?" I asked.

"None of your fucking business, just tell me it was a practical joke, I swear Kat I swear, it's not a funny one, but fucking tell me at least," he was so angry, rage filled his eyes.

"I have no idea what you're on about!" I complained, but this only angered him.

"Fucking tell me Kat."

"I have no idea!" His hand curled into a fist, and I felt him punch my cheek, feeling the swelling immediately, and the pain soon followed. I felt something running down my cheek, I couldn't tell if it was a tear or blood, my face had gone numb. He wears a ring everyday, makes being punched in the face hurt a lot. He lifted his hand and punched me again, this time in the eye, then the arm, then the cheek again, all the while begging me to tell him something, but I had no idea what he was on about.

I had never been punched before, never got in a fight, never been slapped, except on the ass, and even then, not to hurt, just for pleasure. Jack soon snapped out of his rage, and sat next to me, crying, and apologising, begging me to forgive him. I did, just so he would shut up, and I went to the bathroom, locking myself in there. It was a mixture of blood and tears that I had trickling down my cheek. I had a light cut on my cheekbone, nothing serious. I pressed a flannel against it to soak up some of the blood. My right eye was swollen, my cheek was swollen, and bleeding and my right arm was developing a rather large bruise. If I turned my head and only looked at the left side of my face in the mirror, I looked almost normal, apart from the red eyes from all the crying.

There was a knock at the door, more apologies, more begging and pleading, more Jack. I quickly cleaned my face up, putting a plaster over the cut on my cheek, and a dressing gown on to cover my arm bruise. I didn't want him to feel guilty.

What the fuck am I on about? He just punched me, but he's clearly sorry, but if he loved me, he wouldn't punch me, I guess he was angry, but that's no excuse. A billion excuses ran through my head, but none of them made sense, or were good enough.

"Kat, I'm so sorry," he said, after ten minutes of silently sitting on the bed.

"Look I don't care anymore," I replied.

"Not just about... what just happened, there's other stuff." I turned to him, he looked uncomfortable, sad, upset but mainly sorry.

"Like what?"

"Other... other girls." My heart sank.

"How many?" I asked.

"I've lost count."

"Did you have sex with them?"

"Yes."

"Did you wear a condom?"

"Not always." Fucking twat. Absolute fucking twat, who knows what kind of bloody diseases those girls had that he may have passed on to me. Fucking twat.

"When was the last one?"

"The day I said I was at the pub; I was with a girl." There I was thinking I had put my foot in it when asking Adam about the pub because he had no idea about it, yet it just was a complete fucking lie.

"Was there a point, ever, in our relationship, that you were loyal?"

He looked down, "no. At the start there was overlap, with my ex. Then I had various other flings, one-night stands..." he trailed off.

"Why the fuck didn't you just break up with me, then you could sleep around with whoever the fuck you want to," I angrily said, spitting my words at him, he winced. For a second, I felt bad for making him feel guilty, but then I remembered, he was a fucking twat.

"I don't know."

"We have been dating for just over two and a half years and you've lost count of how many other girls you fucked during that time because its so many! You didn't even wear a condom with some of them, who knows what kind of diseases you've probably passed onto me!"

"I got regular checks," he replied, looking into my eyes, begging for my forgiveness, just because he went to the clinic a couple times.

"You are a dickhead. Get out." I said. He didn't move. "Get out," I raised my voice, "just get the fuck out!" I yelled. Finally, he got the message, and left the house, almost looking scared to leave.

That night, I couldn't sleep. It was a mixture of the physical pain, and the mental pain of the betrayal, and hurt. I felt like an idiot. I always see the good in people, but it lets me always just get walked all over, by scumbags like Jack. I picked up my phone and called Adam, telling him everything, he had absolutely no idea, apparently the only one out of Jack's mates who had no idea. I guess Adam was too close to me, and would've told me the truth, at least, I like to think he would. I told him I wasn't going into work tomorrow, and he agreed, saying it was for the best, I needed a day or two to rest. After I hung up, I went to the bathroom and took some sleeping pills from the medicine drawer, knocking me out, finally.

I woke up to the noise of shuffling, it was Jack, getting ready for work. I turned and looked at him.

"I stayed at a mate's don't worry, just getting ready, will be out in 5 mins," he said. I wondered how true that was. Probably one of his fuck buddies. He did, in fact, leave in about five minutes, and I waited for the door to shut before I finally relaxed. I spent the day drifting in and out of sleep, watching TV, crying, and I called my Mum, to tell her what happened. I left out the bit about punching me though, I thought she would've murdered Jack, at least definitely with her words. Maybe that would've been a good thing, I don't know.

================================================================================

Hey guys! Please vote and comment I would LOVE to hear your thoughts! Also, follow me for updates! 

I told you it would get dramatic, but keep reading, this is only the beginning!! Doesn't Enzo still need his stitches out? I wonder what his reaction would be to seeing Kat's face like that......

Hope you are all staying safe in lockdown! <3