Chapter 37 - ENZO

I had Dante pushed up against the wall, and I held him there with my arm, whilst Pascal and Antonio flanked me.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" I hissed, "my own fucking underboss didn't turn up to greet the Russians, do you realise how weak and not in control that makes me seem? And what the fuck is up with you eye?!"

"I accidentally stabbed myself in the eye and I had to go to hospital and get it sorted! I could go blind!" he complained, trying to pull my arm off him.

"How did you do it? And with what?" I demanded answers.

"With a needle!" he shouted back.

"Why the fuck were you using a needle?!"

"I was sewing on a button!!" he defended himself.

"You have made it pretty clear in the past you get your maid to sew on your buttons when they fall off," I stated.

"She wasn't there today!"

"You have a fucking live-in maid," I growled.

"What are you accusing me of?" he asked, changing the conversation to me.

"Lying to me," I said with a snarl.

"Look you are making a scene, let's go back to the Russians," he tried to take my arm off him again.

"No. You go home. I don't want you here. And your position? It has been temporarily revoked," I turned to Antonio, "you are the temporary underboss for now," I turned back to Dante, "now go home and fucking sort your shit out." I let him go, he brushed himself off, and with a snarl he turned and left.

I turned to my men, "I don't trust him. Pascal, did you find out anything?" He shook his head.

"Get some of our men to follow him. Watch his house, I don't know what is going on with him, but I can only sense it is something bad." They nodded, and we returned to the dining room.

***

It had now been over 24 hours since Kat went missing, and it was the morning after the Russians arrived. I didn't feel like breakfast, but Antonio practically forced it down my throat saying I needed energy. I knew he was right, and I knew I couldn't sit around all day, but I felt so empty.

At about midday, Reznikov took me aside into one of the smaller sitting rooms that was more intimate, and we sat on opposite armchairs that angled inwards towards a roaring fireplace.

"I know you are upset, I am too," he started, "and I admit, when I first heard she was gone, I thought you were impotent and weak, but being here now and seeing how you are commanding your men for the best, pushing through all the pain you feel, I see you are a great man," he slapped my knee with his hand, "and if you want to marry her when this is all over, you have my blessing."

"Thank you Reznikov, I really appreciate that. I just want to find her," I ran my hands through my hair.

"And we will, my men are on the case in France, both our men are on the case here in Italy, we will find her," he promised, "and call me Rez, son."

We got up and left the room, Rez went to his room and I went into my office.

As I walked up towards my office, I noticed the door was slightly ajar. I slowly opened it and there, sat on my desk (which has been put upright since I flipped it yesterday) wearing something really slutty, was Natale.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I hissed.

"I just wanted some fun," she said seductively, "I don't have any panties on," she started spreading her legs, and I went towards her and used both of my hands on her knees to shut her legs together.

"I have a girlfriend, who is missing. I am no cheat, and I have shit to do, so get the fuck out," I wanted to yell but I didn't want anyone to hear and come in, so I just growled quietly.

"But does your girlfriend have her name tattooed on your chest?" she licked her lips.

"Yes actually," I took my t-shirt off to show her that my tattoo of her name was gone, and there was a beautiful tattoo with Katarina's name on it. Natale looked slightly hurt for a second, but then went back to being fucking annoying and horny. She put her hands on my chest and said, "now take off the rest." I caught her hand as it began sliding down to my crotch, before it got there. I went over to my desk, opened the top drawer, took out my gun and aimed it at her, "you have one last chance to get the fuck out now, or I will take you out in a body bag."

Her face fell, she put on her jacket and scowled at me, then left the room.

Five minutes later Antonio ran into my office, "why the fuck was Natale here looking like a low-class prostitute?" he half whispered, half shouted.

"Don't ask. She was trying to seduce me. I told her if she didn't leave of her own accord it would be in a body bag," I shrugged.

"Luckily I made sure Rez didn't see. If he even thought you were cheating, he would put a bullet in your head," Antonio said, straightening up.

"If I ever did cheat, I would deserve a bullet in my head," I muttered.

"Let's go down, there is about to be a call any minute informing us about what they found out in France, and everyone is gathering in the main sitting room," Pascal informed us as he came into the room, "and put a shirt on Enzo." I realised I still had my shirt off, and looked up at Antonio, who was most definitely confused that I was half-naked, and my ex just left my room.

"I was showing her I got rid of her tattoo, and my new tattoo of Katarina," I shrugged.

"Showing who?" asked Pascal.

"Natale came here and tried to seduce Enzo, tell the guards on the gate to never open the gates to her again unless with explicit permission from Enzo, thanks," asked Antonio, and Pascal nodded.

Everyone from the first night was in the main sitting room, and I took the seat that Reznikov offered to me. They had connected the phone to the surround sound speakers in the room, and we just had to wait for it to ring. Whilst I was waiting, I reached over to the table beside me and poured myself a glass of scotch, offering others if they wanted any, but most of them already had drinks.

BZZ BZZ BZZ

The phone vibrated on the table, and Vlad leant over to press the green button. Unfortunately, the man spoke only Russian, so I would have to wait till the phone call was over to actually hear what it was about. I tried to get the jist of it by looking at the faces of the Russians around me. There was a lot of confusion on Reznikov's face, and anger on Vlad's. Lomovstev had a mixture of both. They said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Rez turned his head to look at me and spoke, "Jean-Marc obviously had a lot of anger towards you, so when he was practically handed Katarina on a silver platter and asked to kidnap her, he graciously agreed. It took a lot for my men to find out this information, as those who still believe in Jean-Marc wanted to keep up the idea that Jean-Marc was strong enough to do it himself, although those people are few in numbers and are about to die anyway. Apparently, he received a call saying exactly where Katarina would be, and that there would be no security with her."

"Do they know the phone number that called them?" I asked.

"Not the exact number, but it had a +39 dialling code," stated Lomovstev.

"What?!" I was dumbfounded, "that is a fucking Italian dialling code!"

"It seems you definitely have a mole in your organisation, and he has been here for a while."

===========================================================================

OOOOOOOOooooooo

Now, we know who the mole in the Italian mafia is, they don't, but now they know it is an Italian, do you think they'll find the person, or will it be more of a wild goose chase?! And what will happen to Katarina?! Find out soon!!

Hope you are enjoying.

Please keep reading and voting. I am sosoososoooo close to 2k reads!!!

Ily all! Hope you are all staying safe! <3