Chapter 36 - KAT/ENZO

KAT'S POV

"Wake up," I heard a voice say as someone grabbed my shoulder and shook me. My eyes burst open, and there was Dante, looking sly and wicked as ever.

"Let me go home, please?" I begged with him.

"Sorry my darling, but that will not be possible," he put on a fake sorry face, and then I saw he had a plate of food in his hands, which he dropped on my stomach. He grabbed my wrist, ripped off the bandage and looked at the stitched-up cut. "You did a nice job," he said, proceeding to press hard over the cut, so that I would cry out in pain.

Fuck this, I reached over to the bag, grabbed the needle and shoved it straight into his eye. He stood up immediately, clutching his eye, and whilst he was distracted I ran out of the door. I realised I was in a cellar, so I ran up the stone steps into what looked like just a normal house. I ran out of the front door onto the lawn, and noticed a woman walking her dog.

"Help!" I called out to her, but she completely ignored me, "someone help!!" I called out, but no one came to the rescue. "TELL LORENZO YOU SAW KATARINA!" was the last thing I screamed before I felt hands on me and I was dragged back into the house. I should've ran further, but I wouldn't have got far, and I thought it was more important to yell that message, so at least he would know where I was.

"You little bitch," he said, grabbing me and punching me in the face. I looked at his eye which was leaking a clear fluid, the fluid from inside the eye, and it was red. His whole face was pure rage though. He lifted his hand and punched me in the face, then again, and again, and again, and the final one knocked me out.

------------------------------------------------------

ENZO'S POV

"The Russians are here," announced Gian as he walked into the sitting room where I was sat with Antonio, Pascal and Stefan.

"Where the fuck is Dante?" I growled.

"I've no idea," answered Antonio, "what are you going to do to him?"

"Listen to his damn excuse and then decide," I concluded.

Various cars pulled up to the house, and I heard the opening and slamming or car doors. I walked to the front door and opened it. Walking in first was Reznikov Romanovich, then his youngest son, Lomovstev, with his wife, Irina, and their son, Vladimir, and daughter, Lyamina. There were also many other Russians, guards, soldiers, footmen, the Russian version of a capo, and other bosses from different crime families.

"Rez, welcome," I said, stretching out my hand for him to shake it, really hoping he wouldn't just ignore it.

"Enzo, thank you for hosting," he said, shaking my hand, "you know my family, Lomov, Vlad, Mina and Irina," he gestured to each person as he said their names, and I shook their hands. "The Russian mafia is not as carefully structured as the Italian, but much like you have your caporegimes I have Avtoritets and it have my two right-hand men too. This is Krysov," he indicated to a tall, bulky man, covered in tattoos, "he is one of my right-hand men, and Desyatkov," he indicated to a smaller man, still with a lot of muscle, but much less than the first, and he also had no tattoos. He then quickly introduced me to all of his Avtoritets, and I shook many of their hands.

"This is my consigliere, Gian, and Stefan and Pascal are my caporegimes, Antonio is my right-hand man, and my underboss Dante is not here yet, but I am sure he is running late," I gestured to each person in turn, and they all shook hands. "Come through," I walked into the main sitting room and we all sat on the sofas around the room. I got my maid to bring in glasses and various bottles of alcohol, handed out drinks, and then we got to business.

"So, Enzo, what have you been doing whilst I was on a plane, I hope not sitting around," asked Reznikov, very seriously.

I laughed, "of course not my friend," I explained what I had sent each of our men to do, and how we thought the thefts at the warehouses were linked with the kidnapping of Kat.

"Well, it sounds like you have ordered a lot to be done," he smiled, I looked at Antonio, who smirked at me, as if to say 'I told you so'.

"Do you think there is a mole in your organisation?" asked Lomovstev, Kat's uncle.

"We are open to the possibility, yes," answered Gian.

Lomovstev shouted some stuff in Russian to various members of their organisation, and they left the room, "they have gone to talk to our network of contacts to see if they have heard of any moles in the Italian mafia."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Do you think this could be trying to get back at the Russian mafia too? Two birds with one stone?" asked Vlad. I hadn't considered that yet, just because they had only been targeting the Italian warehouses.

"I guess we shouldn't shut off that theory," I replied, "but what enemies do we both have?"

"The only one that springs to mind would be Jean-Marc, but he is dead now," shrugged Reznikov.

"Maybe he is dead... but maybe he has friends, or family that aren't, and maybe they are trying to get back at us both?" suggested Pascal.

"That does make sense," I replied, and the Russians nodded.

The Russians who Lomovstev barked orders at came back into the room, and spoke to him in Russian. Lomov turned to us and said, "the only mole they have found is a man called Mosè Bertoldi, he told someone about a shipment a couple of weeks ago."

"I remember that being raided by the police... that has no relevance to this right now, but" I turned to Gian, "get someone to deal with him." Gian nodded his head and picked up his phone, leaving the room.

"Vlad, call our men in France, find any of Jean-Marc's remaining associates, and use the necessary force to find out the truth," commanded Lomostev.

"It is late now, shall we have dinner?" asked Rez.

"I will tell the chef to get it ready for twenty minutes," said Stefan, leaving the room.

We all sat in the dining room eating food, when Dante walked in, wearing an eyepatch. I stood up, excused myself, and indicated to Pascal and Antonio to follow me, grabbing Dante by the shirt and pulling him with us. This boy has some explaining to do. 

========================================

I wonder how he is going to explain this one!!

Stay tuned, next chapter drops tomorrow!!

Not sure how many chapters I will be doing overall, but I think maybe in the mid-40s, but could be more, depending on how I think the story is going. I don't want to finish it with any plotholes, and I also don't want to drag it out once I feel like it has come to an organic ending.

Hope you are all staying safe in quarantine <3