Chapter 42 - KAT

RECAP for those who skipped the sex scene: she went to the bathroom and realised she had missed taking her contraceptive pill because she was kisnapped, so there is a chance she could get pregnant because the amount of protection from pregnancy the pills give decreases when you miss them.

ALSO it talks slightly about abortion in this chapter, please do not come for me if those are not your views, these are the views of the CHARACTERS, for STORYTELLING PURPOSES.

Okay, carry on xoxo

I didn't want to keep anything from Enzo, especially if it turned out that, somehow, I did get pregnant, at least we would have had some forewarning. We would also have to use another form of contraceptive, like a condom, until I got into the rhythm with my pills for about seven days; after seven days my pills would be protecting me again.

I picked up the pill packet and left the bathroom, grabbing my dressing gown and tying it around me as I walked back into the bedroom, where Enzo was lying on the bed, with the duvet over his legs, but his stomach, full of very toned abdominal muscles, was on full display. He was sitting relaxing, watching me, but once he saw my face was slightly concerned, he sat up, and gestured for me to sit next to him. I walked over to the bed, and shuffled myself over to him.

"What's up baby?" he asked, taking my hand with his. I took the pill packet out of the pocket of my dressing gown and handed it over to him. He looked down at it, and then up at me with confusion, looking back down at it, before looking up at me again, but this time with realisation.

"I just came in you with no contraception, didn't I?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

"Fuck. I completely forgot. Are you in the part of your cycle where babies can be conceived?" he asked, lightly squeezing my hand.

"I am just about to go into that part, but it can obviously change around so..." I answered, looking down at the duvet. "I'm sorry," I said.

He grabbed my face with his hand, and turned it to look at me. "What are you sorry about?" he asked, confused.

"I just... I feel like now I will just chase you away. I mean... We haven't even been together that long, and, I don't know, babies are just a lot to throw into the mix, especially with a new couple, and I feel like I've just ruined us now," I said, breaking my face away from his hand so I could look away, anywhere except his eyes. I just felt so guilty. Usually I am so on top of my pills, and I know, obviously, I couldn't have taken them when I was kidnapped, but missing a few before I was kidnapped had no excuse, and then not realising that I had missed so many pills before having sex with him, and before allowing him to cum inside of me was stupid. "Taking the pills was my responsibility, and... I just... I don't know," I sighed.

"Firstly, Katarina, do not apologise for a thing, especially not this. I should've known too that you wouldn't have been able to take your pills whilst you were... away. Please don't feel guilty or apologise. Please," he squeezed my hand again. "Also, if a baby is what fate decided to bestow on us right now, at this point in our lives, then that, I guess, is the next stage in our life for us. Let me tell you now: it will not change how I see you, how sexy I think you are, or anything, okay? The only thing that will change is the house becoming baby-proofed, and some more baby stuff, as well as a little guy running around." He kissed me on the forehead, and then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer.

I felt slightly comforted by his words, and glad knowing that he wouldn't leave me if I did end up being pregnant. I know I don't want to be pregnant right now, or have a baby in about nine months, so I really hoped that I wouldn't be.

"Would you get an abortion?" I heard him ask.

"What's your opinion on abortion?" I asked him.

"It is your body, so you can do as you like... I won't be having to carry the child for nine months, and then deliver it. However, based on my own personal traditions, and the religion I technically belong to, I do not personally approve, but again, it is your choice at the end of the day. To be fair, the religion I technically belong to also says a lot of stuff that I shouldn't do, that I, and my men, definitely do," he smiled slightly.

"I'm glad you said that, 'cause I wouldn't want to have an abortion," I stated.

"The baby is going to be so cute," laughed Enzo.

"Hey, we don't know if I am pregnant yet!" I complained.

"I can see the future," lied Enzo, "and I see a baby in it." He kept grinning.

"Hmmpf," I grumbled.

I moved my legs off the duvet, and then pulled it over my body. Enzo flicked the light switch off, and I fell asleep in his arms. If being at the hospital, and far away from Dante let me relax slightly enough to sleep better, being wrapped in Enzo's arms, in our bed, in our bedroom, in our house, let me relax completely.

When I woke the next morning, I looked over to check the time, it was pretty early but not too early. I reached my arm out to the other side of the bed, but there was no Enzo sleeping next to me, although his side of the bed wasn't exactly cold; he must've only recently got up. I turned over and went back to sleep.

"Katarina?" a soft voice said, waking me from my light sleep. I opened my eyes slowly, and half asleep still, looked over at where the voice was coming from. It was Enzo, of course, with breakfast. When I saw what he was carrying, I woke myself up and sat up. He was there, in a white t-shirt and his blue chequered pyjama bottoms, carrying a wooden tray with various breakfast foods on it. There were a few croissants, and some jam, a glass of orange juice, a cup of tea, a boiled egg, lots of fruit, some toast and a bowl of granola, dried fruit and yogurt. Also, there was a small vase with some beautiful flowers in it. He came round to my side of the bed, the farther side from the door, and lay it down on my lap.

"This is the kind of breakfast I can make, one you don't have to cook, although I got help with the egg," he smiled, "I hope it's okay."

"It's perfect," I said, lifting my bad arm up slightly, to try and grab his chin, but it wouldn't lift that high. He knew what I wanted though, and he leaned in to give me a kiss.

"Look," he pointed at the stem of one of the roses.

"My ring!" I exclaimed. Threaded onto one of the roses in the small bouquet was the promise ring he had given me back in Moscow, on my birthday. I quickly put it on my finger, and I examined it closely. It was exactly where it belonged.

"How did you find it?" I asked.

"It was in... his house," he never spoke Dante's name anymore, but I don't blame him. When he said 'his' he said it as though he was speaking the name of the devil, but again, I don't blame him. I just nodded in understanding.

"I have to go to work now, and I will be pretty busy for a few days, but I will be back in the evenings, and I will sleep next to you every night. I just need to sort out the whole situation, and work everything out. Is that okay?"

"Of course," I smiled.

"Remember, your parents arrived last night, they are downstairs for when you get up."

===========================================================================

Hope you are enjoying the book so far!

Pretty close-ish to the end now I think, maybe.

If you like this book you would probably like my other book "The Thorned Rose" so check that out.

I wonder what will happen next........

Hope you are all staying safe! <3

Vote, comment, share, read, all that good stuff and see you soon!