Chapter 8 - KAT

I was confused, and I was scared. Thankfully, the men that were pinning me down left, but replacing them was Mr Enzo Arcaro. In that moment, I wished for the others back. He stared at me, bright green eyes boring into me. He gestured at the plate of food on the table beside me. I looked at the food and shook my head. This only made him angrier.

"Why will you not eat?" he asked.

"What is it?" I asked back.

"Just looks like eggs, toast and fruit to me, doesn't it look like that to you?"

"Looks like it could be drugged to me," although they would probably inject me again if they felt like knocking me out, but I could never be too sure. He picked up the fork, filled it with some of the egg, and ate it. Then he took a bite of the toast.

"I don't even know how you would drug fruit, but that is fine too." I relaxed a little, realising I was absolutely starving, and dug in. He watched me the whole time.

"So, Enzo," when I spoke his name, a weird emotion washed over his face, confusion, anger, and something else, something softer, "why did you drug me, stick me on a plane, which I absolutely hate, and fly me to... where exactly are we?"

"Florence," he replied. One reply to about 3 questions, great.

"Why do you have so many love bites?" This question put him on edge. Making him visibly uncomfortable, before he gained back his confidence.

"None of your business."

"When can I go home?"

"Not for a while. Get some sleep, try and offset the jetlag. See you tomorrow." With that, he opened the door, shut it behind him, and I heard the click of a lock behind him. I jolted up, tried the door handle, but as I suspected: locked.

I couldn't sleep though, I tossed and turned, and when I wasn't tossing or turning, I was pacing around the room, exploring every nook and cranny. The large, chestnut wardrobe, with brass handles, was completely empty, apart from some hangers. It had that gorgeous woody smell though that I inhaled eagerly. It smelt like my old wardrobe at my parent's house, and if I closed my eyes, I could imagine myself there. The matching chest of drawers were also empty. The queen-sized bed had soft, silky sheets, and animal furs draped over the ends. I lay back in the bed and instantly began sinking into the mattress, the sheets gradually curling around me, but I felt so claustrophobic, like I couldn't breathe. I got up again and explored the bathroom further. There was a large shower, with various different jets, a huge white, clawfoot bathtub with golden taps, a toilet and a sink with a huge area around the sink for various toiletries I guess, but it stood empty. The tiles were cold under my feet, and I began to feel my eyes droop, but there was no way I would be able to sleep in that bed. I picked up two of the pillows from the bed and a blanket from a drawer of bedding under the bed and made my bed in the bathtub. It was unbelievably comfortable, and I drifted asleep in seconds.

I awoke by bustling in my room, it sounded like worried, angry people, were they looking for me?

"Antonio, how the fuck did she get out?"

"I've no idea Enzo, we will find her, I promise."

I heard footsteps coming towards the bathroom door, and the turning of the handle, then footsteps walking over to the bathtub. Who knows what I looked like in that very moment? To be honest, I did not care.

"Enzo, she's here." I instantly heard quick footsteps, almost running towards me, as I lay in the bathtub.

"Are you trying to worry me on purpose?" Enzo grumbled to me. I lightly opened my eyes, but didn't meet his stare.