Chapter 21 - ENZO

After she had left the room in a huff, I went up to my room and just lay on my bed. What was I doing? Why was I back with Natale? I had no idea. Natale was pretty, she was sexy, she had a fiery mouth and she was great at head, but there was no spark. There never was, she just passed the time. That's harsh I guess, but I think I was the same for her. She didn't feel a connection with me, she didn't care about dating me, she cared about dating the power, the money and the attention that came with dating me. We were both selfish pricks, but I was a selfish prick that pushed someone I actually did care about away, into the arms of another man.

I was worried about letting Katarina get too close to me, I didn't want her being scared of me and running away for good. To be honest, I felt bad too, she got kidnapped and whipped and kicked, and hurt beyond belief because of me, to hurt me. Jean-Marc wanted to inflict a deep pain into me, and he did. I guess now word has spread about Katarina Romanovich and exactly what happened to Jean-Marc Duval and his crew, no one would dare touch her, and I knew she was right about being safe in that sense, but I didn't want her going on the date, because I wanted her. Fuck. Do I actually hear myself? Fuck this. Just as I was about to go and find her, Antonio came into my room, followed my Pascal and Stefan.

"She left, for her date," spoke Antonio. I punched the wall next to me, leaving a slight dent, opening up the scabbed over cuts on my hand so they started bleeding again.

"Why did you let her leave?" I growled.

"She spoke about how people who aren't allowed to leave a place when they want to are held captive, and how we have told her she isn't held captive, we had no choice. We can't keep her here," replied Antonio. I punched the wall again.

"I want to follow her, I want to watch their date, I want to hear everything she says on her date, and I want David fired tomorrow," they all nodded, and we headed to the car.

I got a waiter at one of the restaurants to replace the small vase of flowers on their table with a different vase of flowers that had a listening device. He only needed a hundred euros to do so as well, cheap. Luckily, they were sat at the table by the window, so I could watch them easily. We sat in the car, the windows tinted so no one could look in and see who it was, and watched. Once Pascal had connected the receiver of the listening device to the radio, the first thing I heard was her girlish giggle. I had never heard that noise before. I've heard her laugh, but it wasn't a giggle like this, and I've heard her snort with laugher, but she wasn't snorting now.

"Okay fine," spoke Katarina. Fine to what? Fine to having sex? Fine to a second date? Fine to what?

"Fuck sake, I should've thought about this before suggesting it," laughed David. I hate him, he is so being fired, if not killed. What does he regret? I want to know now.

"Why did I agree to this?!" complained Katarina. I was so confused; all they were doing was looking at the menu.

"Alright, I guess I'll go for spaghetti carbonara then."

"Fuck sake, penne is such a basic pasta, how is it your favourite?!"

"How is spaghetti your favourite?! It is so messy and slimy!" They were arguing... about pasta.

"Okay fine, I take it back, lets' not swap favourite pastas, I don't know if I can handle it," said David. Giving up. What a pussy.

"Pussy," insulted Katarina, saying exactly what I was thinking.

They ordered, and ate, and spoke about just normal stuff, nothing romantic, nothing sexual, just normal stuff, and a lot about work, which I didn't understand most of because it was so complicated, but I still held on to every one of her words.

After they finished their meal, they left the restaurant, but instead of getting into David's car, they continued walking.

"Where are they going?" I demanded an answer, but my friends just shrugged.

"Follow." I commanded, and so Antonio followed them.

They walked into the Boboli Gardens, stunning gardens in the centre of Florence city. We followed them in, keeping a distance. I heard her giggling, I heard him laughing, and they were talking, and he even held her hand, which made me snap a large branch in half. One thing is for sure though, she looks absolutely stunning in that outfit. Her ass is huge... I drifted, thinking about something I definitely wasn't allowed to think about.

"Enzo, do you know why they are on a date right now?" asked Antonio.

"Because David is a doctor, and I'm a mafia boss, dickhead... with a girlfriend," I replied.

"Well, the girlfriend bit is true, but David actually asked her on a date."

"If I asked her out, she wouldn't come with me," I stated.

"Well, not when you have a girlfriend, that's true," spoke Pascal.

"But, you should've seen the way her eyes lit up when we told her how you followed her around the globe to find her," added Stefan, "you don't just look like that about any old guy, and her eyes definitely didn't light up like that about David earlier."

"Feelings can grow though, it may be too late," a warning stare from Antonio shut Pascal up about that.

"Look brother, I know you like her, what's holding you back?" questioned Antonio.

"Probably that," spoke Stefan, pointing at David leaning into Katarina to kiss her. She kissed him back, and I broke another tree branch.

================================================================================

Thank you for reading so far!! I would love to hear your comments!! It means so much to me.

What do you think about the date with David? Do you like David or are you rooting for Enzo?!

Hope you are all staying safe during quarantine! <3