Chapter 48 - ENZO

ENZO'S POV

"Where the fuck is that bitch?" I shouted at my men. We were trying to find Natale, who I only recently found out was actually Dante's sister. When Katarina told me I was pretty speechless, and I felt pretty stupid not having seen it, and for letting myself be seduced by my enemy's sister, even though at the time I didn't even know Dante was my enemy. I should have seen the signs that Dante was evil, the fact that he gave her way too much sedative at the start, he always seemed fishy, especially after he had kidnapped her, and the unexplainable eye injury.

"We are trying," one of the women on my team, one of the best personal investigators in the business, stated.

"Try harder."

"ENZO!" I heard my wife yell. Fuck.

I ran downstairs as fast as my legs could take me, my gun raised and loaded. I searched the room for any possible danger, and then searched her face for any sign of injury. When she asked for a cuddle, I couldn't help but chuckle. She was becoming very affectionate, especially now that she was pregnant, and I was loving every minute of it. However, she also got angry at me a lot, for a lot of different things, and her emotions would change in the flick of a switch, always in extremes too. I also hated to see how ill it was making her, and the sound of her throwing up or crying brought a lot of pain to my heart. It was even worse at the fact I couldn't do anything about it, all I could do was try and comfort her as much as possible, and give her the world.

I spoilt her the next day with breakfast in bed, and two dozen roses in pinks and reds and oranges and yellows and whites. She started crying because she said she was so happy and so lucky to have me as a husband. It's been a hard journey this pregnancy, and Kat really has suffered from quite a bit of morning sickness. "All this pain will be so worth it," I encourage her, pulling her so that she was sat on my lap and so I could wrap my arms around her. I place both hands on her stomach, and my head on the back of her shoulder, as she leaned backwards into me.

"I know babe, I know, it's just a lot. I feel ready to pop," she let out a small laugh.

"Let's get you in the bath," I picked her up and carried her upstairs. She definitely was heavier, considering she had a whole baby in her stomach, and her stomach was huge, but I would be skinned alive if I ever told her that, so I kept my lips shut and just continued to carry her. She was still ridiculously light though, so it didn't strain me, and she looked beautiful, with a glow to her skin, our baby in her stomach, God, she was stunning, and she was mine.

I set her down on the bed and went into our ensuite bathroom to run her a bath, which was quite a large bath, so she had plenty of space. I added some bubble mixture to it and some fancy bath oils and stuff as well. "ENZO!" I heard her shout. She sounded panicked this time, not the kind of tone she would use if she just wanted something. I cursed myself for leaving my gun downstairs and I ran into the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's coming... the baby's coming," she grabbed her stomach and looked at me with fear in her eyes, before shouting in pain at a contraction.

It was interesting in the delivery room. Before she could get an epidural, she was in a lot of pain, using a lot of bad words and squeezing the life out of my hand. Seriously, I thought my hand was going to fall off. I tried to use nice, soft words, and every time she would shout at me. Honestly, I had never heard her use such language, if I wasn't so scared that she would rip my head off, I probably would have laughed. It all settled once she had a lot of pain relief, and although it was still a struggle, she pushed and pushed and finally our baby was out. "He's beautiful," I said, looking at his adorable little baby face.

"Okay, next one is coming now," the nurse said.

"Next one?!" she screamed. Next one?

"You're having twins," the nurse said, as though we were the stupidest people in the world. Absolutely no doctor had told us we were having twins, so it was a shock to both of us. How does that even happen?

Eventually the second baby was out, and she was a lot more work than the first. Kat was exhausted, but she was healthy, and so were our two beautiful babies, one boy and one girl. They weren't named yet, and Kat was way too tired to be choosing between names that she had shortlisted, so I let her sleep as I cuddled my babies, one in each arm, snuggled against my chest.

Francesco Vincenzo Reznikov Arcaro-Romanovich and Anastasia Martha Ariana Arcaro-Romanovich were both gorgeous babies. Kat and I both decided on the names once she had woken up and eaten a bit of food. Vincenzo was my father's name, and Ariana was my mother's name, whilst Reznikov was after Katarina's grandfather and Martha was after Katarina's mother. We decided to give them a double barrelled surname, even though Katarina took my last name and didn't double barrel her last name. Our reasoning for this was because both names were very well-known, and carried a lot of fear, and no one would dare mess with an Arcaro or with a Romanovich, so no one definitely wouldn't dare mess with an Arcaro-Romanovich.

===========================================================================

A little bit of Enzo's POV, don't mind if I do b

Aww, babies though, who doesn't love a cute baby?! And two of them as well!