iii

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"That was Hyun Chang-Min, better known as Lucas John Hyun," He-Jin patted her shoulder, as Roisin handed her another piece of tissue paper. "I'm sorry for what happened."

"It's okay. It's not your fault," Kayleigh whimpered, tears streaming down her face constantly.

"Aww Kay. I should've helped you. I'm sorry," Roisin squealed, hugging her tightly until she couldn't breathe.

"It's okay guys, really. It's not your fault. It's Lucas'.  He's going to pay for what he's done."

"Right, sure, he should. But you don't even know who they are," He-Jin said, sarcastic.

"I will now, right?"

He-Jin smirked, "The J-Alpha is widely known as the Bachelors of Asia; almost every single girl falls head over heels in love with them. They're all talented in basketball, except for Joseph who prefers to hole up in the music room instead. The average height of the group is 183 centimetres. It's almost impossible to break their friendship, or rather, join the group. Almost all of them can speak more than three languages, except for Levi. They're all practically glued to the hip."

Kayleigh burst out into laughter, "HAHAHAHAHA really?"

Roisin slapped her arm lightly, encouraging He-Jin to continue.

"Yes. Let's begin with the quietest member of the group, Joseph Edward Sato. His real name is Sato Hiromitsu. He tends to stay away from the gang's trouble. As I said, he prefers to hole up in the music room and he can play almost any instrument. His mother established a successful music school in Switzerland, but after passing away due to a car accident, he had no choice but to move to South Korea to search for his estranged father. That's why he has a Japanese name — he took it from his mother.  He majors in Instrumental Music and is fluent in Korean, Japanese, German, English and is currently studying Chinese as well."

"Oh. That's why they said 'we'll find him' when they saw him."

"Shh," Roisin shushed.

"Next, we have Levi Javier —"

"Park," Kayleigh interrupted. "I know."

"How do you know?" He-Jin asked.

"Bitter past. Continue."

He-Jin eyed Roisin, and Roisin just shrugged.

"Yes. Levi Javier Park. The playboy. He is half Filipino, half Korean. He's here in Korea to explore his Korean roots, much like his friend, Jacob or Xihong. His real name is Park Jung-Hyeok and is six foot two. Like the rest of the gang, he is a member of the basketball collegiate team and plays power forward. Thanks to his impressively good-looks, he is known for being the playboy of the group and is the love expert of the J-Alpha. He's the son of the CEO of Hangkuk National University and he decided to pursue his higher studies in Hangkuk National University, majoring in Business Administration. Unlike the other members, who can speak more than three languages, he is only fluent in Tagalog, Korean and English."

Kayleigh silently blamed herself for his actions. He was never like this before...

"Lin Xihong, better known as Jacob Blake Lin, is the negotiator of the group. He is Taiwanese-Korean but born and raised in Australia. He is the tallest of the group, standing at six foot three. Due to his diverse background, he has many connections all over the world, hence being named the negotiator. A skilled basketball player and loved due to his height, he plays centre. He majors in International Politics and decided to study in Korea to explore his Korean roots, which he grows up estranged from. He is the heir to his parents' law firm as well and wants to become a lawyer for the underprivileged. He is fluent in English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean."

"Wow, he's in my department and is a lot like me. He sounds like the only person I'll get along with, in the group," Kayleigh murmured.

"If you can even get along..."

"The fourth member is Chen Yi Huan, who goes by Justin Gabe Chen. Chinese-Canadian and stands at six foot one. He loves money, like the rest of them, and he's good at maths, making him the financial analyst of the J-Alpha. He makes sure that they all have the finances to run their own gang, especially when participating in overseas games. A member of the school's basketball team, he plays small forward. He aims to become an economist hence majoring in International Economics - East Asian studies at the Toronto Normal University. He is here at Hangkuk for his final year. He can speak Chinese and English fluently and speaks a little French and Korean. He is also the son of a very famous Chinese politician."

They walked outside the girls' restroom as soon as they finished cleaning Kayleigh up. He-Jin then continued to introduce the last two members.

"The penultimate member is Noah James Ishikawa. His real name is Ishikawa Kazuya. He is half-Japanese, half-British and is extremely smart. He aspires to become a doctor much like his parents, and he majors in Biological Sciences. Therefore, he is the group's tactician. Like his peers, he plays basketball for the school and is the point guard. He grows up under the supervision of his strict parents and grows up striving for his parents' approval. He had been on quite a journey — he was here at Hangkuk during his freshman and sophomore year, but due to family issues, he had to move back to Japan, finishing his junior year there. He returned to Hangkuk National University in his final year, after deciding to live with his mother, who is a doctor in South Korea. He is also fluent in Japanese, Korean, Chinese and English."

"Oh. Seems intimidating."

"Finally, your favourite member. Lucas John Hyun or Hyun Chang-Min. He's Korean-American and an heir to the Hyun Airlines. He is six feet tall. The leader of a notorious squad, known as J-Alpha, he is the most infamous of the squad due to his involvement in a number of gang fights. A member of the basketball team of his school, he plays shooting guard. He majors in Aerospace Engineering at Hangkuk National University. He's the scariest of them all, and his smirk is feared and loved at the same time by many. He's practically a polyglot — he speaks Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish and Portuguese."

"Oh, so Lucas is the leader? Gee, that makes my situation a little less scary," Kayleigh sarcastically remarked. "Thanks a lot, He-Jin. I appreciate it. We're late to class. We must get going."

"Yeah! I'll see you two at the end of the day. We can have lunch together," He-Jin said, waving at them.

As soon as she turned around to get to class, five familiar men stood in front of them. One of their members stood behind the glass door, staying away from the commotion that was about to take place. All of them looked dead serious, brows either raised or crossed and fists were tightly closed. They were all ready for war.

Kayleigh took a deep breath and growled, "Lucas, what do you want from me?"

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────