xlix

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

warning: strong language

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Yo, lads," Justin began, as he stretched his long arms over his head. "We're done with the exams. Graduation is in a few weeks. Don't you guys feel a little sad that this is all over?"

"This year has been a whirlwind, literally," Jacob agreed, as he sat next to Justin. "I mean, Lucas found a girl, and you fell in love with the same girl and I am good friends with the same girl." The two laughed, as the sound of Lucas' footsteps echoed rang within the room. The  remaining boys were hanging out at the usual spot, drinking soju and reminiscing on the final days of their senior year. "Lucas found his mother, after searching for her for so long and Joseph found his father. It may be chaotic, but it's definitely the best year of my life. How are you holding up, by the way? After... you know..."

Before Lucas climbed up the stairs, he decided to drink a glass of water from the water fountain, unexpectedly overhearing the conversation between Justin and Jacob. Lucas, as opposed to his signature dark clothing, wore a white t-shirt and denim jeans, which he looked, as usual, strikingly good in.

"I'm... fine. I mean it was hard to grasp at first. But I'm fine," Justin muttered. "To be honest, I actually haven't told any of you anything about my life. With everything that's going on, I thought it'd be better if I keep it to myself."

Jacob looked at his best friend quizically. "Justin, even if every single one of us here is going through something, we are never too busy if you have something to say. We are good friends for a reason."

"I know. But it's sort of useless? I don't know."

"What is it?" Lucas interrupted, already on the second floor. "As Jacob said, you should tell us whatever you want to tell us. Don't ever burden yourself again." He sat next to Jacob.

"I found a girl. She's cute. I met her over this dinner my father hosted a few weeks ago. She's Chinese too." Lucas and Jacob exchanged teasing looks, smirking as Justin continued. "And... from the looks of it, she knows who we are. Fuck it. She seemed scared of me."

Oh. That's why he was worried. Lucas comforted his friend, "That's alright. You're only twenty-two. You'll find a girl someday and she'll —"

"And I approached her. And she said she had a crush on me ever since she was young. Apparently her father and my father have been good friends."

"What happened after?" Jacob and Lucas exchanged looks and smirked.

"We decided to get to know each other more. Nothing else," Justin deadpanned. "What? You think I'll use you both to get her attention just like Lucas did? Nope. Not my style. She's cute though. And like, I'm pretty serious with her."

Jacob and Lucas nodded as he spoke, but the latter was triggered by Justin's sudden insult. "Hey!" he exclaimed sarcastically, eliciting a laugh from the two. "What's her name though?"

"Wang Yin Yue. Her English name is Luna Wang."

"Kidding aside, I'm happy for you Justin," Jacob smiled.

"Thanks." Justin took a sip from the cup Lucas placed on the table, before remembering to address something he'd heard about Jacob too. "Aha! As if you can escape me. Who's that model girlfriend of yours?"

"A model girlfriend? Who?" Lucas teased Jacob this time. "Why do I not know about this?"

"She isn't my girlfriend, yet. We're in — let's say a pre-relationship stage. We're going out, getting to know each other and that's it. Typical shit. Nothing else. Yet." Jacob accentuated the yet, just so that his dirty-minded, and like-minded rather, friends do not jump into conclusions.