xx

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

warning: strong language

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Lucas did not let him speak. He approached Justin, balling his fists, aiming right at his left eye. Justin lost his balance as a result. Justin lifted his arms in defence, but Lucas continued approaching him, blocking his only means of escape.

"Lucas, I didn't do anything wrong," Justin begged, clutching his eye. It throbbed. He was sure he would get a black-eye tomorrow.

"Oh, fuck that shit," Lucas cursed, his eyes darkening as he punched Justin right in his stomach, incapacitating him.

Holding him by the collar, Lucas struck his nose and his jaw, breaking both in the process. Kayleigh froze in horror, unable to move or speak. Justin's face was busted and bleeding, both of his eyes were darkened with Lucas' punches.

Swallowing, Kayleigh approached Lucas, purposely separating him from the bleeding Justin and using her body as a shield. "Lucas! Stop! He did not do anything wrong!"

"Move aside, Kayleigh! I do not want you to get hurt," he hissed.

Justin touched his bleeding lips, as he tasted the warm crimson in his mouth. Just a minute ago, it was Kayleigh's mouth. Now, it was blood, constantly pouring in his mouth. Kayleigh looked at Justin reassuringly. "No. I do not care if I get hurt. Who are you to beat up your friend like that?" she hissed back.

Lucas smirked. "Oh? You're defending him now? What are you? His knight-in-shining-armour?" he chuckled. "Wait shouldn't it be the other way around? Anyway, that guy is a traitor!"

Justin pulled her behind him, shielding her from the raging Lucas. "What did I do, Lucas? I did not do anything wrong."

"Wrong? You fell in love with her. And what did I say? No falling in love with her, remember?"

"And what if I did? What would you do?"

Kayleigh sighed before screaming, "STOP! BOTH OF YOU STOP!"

The two men shut their mouths.

"I know the truth," she confessed, tears clouding her vision. "Levi told me. He said that you," she turned to Justin. "and Jacob was sent to convince me to become your muse. So it was all a dare."

Justin looked at the ground. He was ashamed.

"What about that night at the hotel, huh? You saw me at my lowest, Justin. I can't believe I let you in so quickly," she was crying freely now. "Jacob too. But he seemed to have atoned for his sins." Kayleigh then turned to Lucas. "And you. What have I done to you? I never wanted your attention. I never wanted to get myself entangled in this stupid gang of yours... but what? I still got involved. And today, you just broke my phone for the sake of breaking it. Did you know that I spent night shifts at a restaurant back in Australia to earn enough money so that I can buy a phone?"

Lucas was shocked at that. "I thought you were rich."

"Rich, but not loved. My father opposed buying me a phone because he thought it would taint my views of the world; he thought it was toxic," she paused. "And he thought I would contact Levi. So he blocked me off the outside world."

Justin and Lucas were left stone-faced. Neither made a move to comfort Kayleigh as they were both frozen in their place. Kayleigh looked at Captain Ri's home. "So please, Lucas. If anything, you're the one who is to blame. Maybe Justin and Jacob were slightly accountable for following your orders, but not entirely. Leave me alone."