xxvi

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Wait! Wait! Before you leave... I know it's time but, hear me out..." Noah called out, rushing after Roisin as she went back to class. Everyone had filed out of the cafeteria, making their way to their classes. Roisin and Noah stood amidst the buzzing crowd, staring at each other's eyes, mesmerised, as the people around them moved in a blur. "Please," Noah begged.

Roisin stopped then looked behind. "Yes?"

"Well, I know it's not the best time but..."

"Yes," Roisin stated.

"But like, I've liked you since... well, I don't know. I just thought you're —"

"Yes," Roisin affirmed, chuckling.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes. We can officially date."

"Really?"

Roisin winked, waving goodbye as she walked away, seeing He-Jin from afar. Noah stood there, blushing for a few minutes or so, before realising that he had been standing alone for the last five minutes. He walked to class, smile not faltering, not noticing that he was late to his next class.

That afternoon, Roisin had come home blushing and biting her lips. It was normal to see Roisin go giddy and in love — she was obsessed with K-Dramas and with the male leads. Most of the time, that was how she reacted whenever she watched a drama late at night, going as far as kicking the sheets and squealing. Kayleigh surmised that this was not because of a drama, as Roisin could not have possibly watched another episode in the middle of class, so Kayleigh watched her friend closely as she sat down, sighing as she took off her shoes.

"Oi. What's wrong with you?" Kayleigh wondered, taking a seat on her bed.

"Kayleigh, oh my goodness!" Roisin babbled, jumping up and down. "Noah and I are OFFICIALLY going to date! OMG!"

Kayleigh jumped along with her friend like some maniacs going crazy over a band. "SINCE WHEN?"

"TODAY! HE KISSED ME TODAY AND THEN RAN AFTER ME AND THEN HE ASKED ME OUT!" she screamed.

"I'm so happy for you!" Kayleigh hugged her best friend. "Who would have known that he likes you too?!"

"I know! Thank you, Kayleigh!" Roisin broke away from the hug, looking at Kayleigh's clothes. "You're going out?"

Kayleigh hummed in agreement. "Mhm. Jacob. J-Alpha things."

"Oh?" Roisin raised her eyebrows. "Lucas still hasn't given you a new phone. Jacob's been texting me all day."

Kayleigh paused. "Doubt he will. Now people have to contact me through you. Sorry."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it," Roisin smiled. "Now, go! Don't want to hold you back."

Sporting a simple long-sleeved top and high-waist jeans, Kayleigh left their housing, meeting Jacob at Xiao Zhan Restaurant.

"So, you've been craving Taiwanese food, and that's why you called me, using Roisin's phone, to have dinner with you?" Jacob quizzed, as he took another bite from his plate. "Doesn't sound like you at all. Is there something bothering you? And what happened to your phone?"

Kayleigh gulped down a glass of water, as she formed a sentence in her head. "I know. I'm sorry if I called you spontaneously. But I had to talk to you."

"What happened to your phone though?"

"Oh! I was taking pictures of Captain Ri's house back in Taean when Lucas bumped into me. I dropped my phone face-flat and the screen shattered."