xix

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Initially, going to Taean as a regular tourist was a hassle; regular tourists were advised to take a bus from Seoul Terminal in Gangnam en route to Taean, before taking a bus or a taxi to Moseokwon Pension House (which was an important landmark to note). From there on, any sort of transportation was prohibited, so every tourist should be comfortable enough to walk all the way to Ri Jeong-Hyeok's village. Thankfully, being the students in one of Korea's top universities gave them an advantage. They all hopped onto a bus hired by the school, taking them straight to Moseokwon Pension House, so there was no need to swap from one bus to another later on.

The bus took off at around 2 pm. J-Alpha, being the Campus Kings, had their own van, to which Mi-Rae, Eun-Kyo and Dan-Ah were displeased. They all wanted to get on the bus with them. During the three-hour ride, Roisin and Kayleigh were scrunched up together — much to Kayleigh's dismay. Not that Kayleigh minded, she was her best friend after all, but it was so uncomfortable that Kayleigh's claustrophobia got triggered. He-Jin sat on a single seat next to them, who looked out into the view, listening to some music Joseph had recommended her, with occasional smiles along the way. Typical of people in love.

Behind her were the band members of KANDEE. They were all loud, flirting with the boys who winked at them, lying to them that their hearts fluttered as they winked. But all in all, they would decline their advancements, claiming that they were subpar to the J-Alpha, which were the only men Mi-Rae and the rest would kiss.

Heartbroken, the men would step away and look at Kayleigh with gleaming eyes. Two of the rejected men came to Kayleigh giving her the chocolate Mi-Rae had refused as she had a 'figure to watch out for.' He-Jin eyed them as she thought the men were creepy and Roisin, on the other hand, slept, drool forming at the corners of her mouth.

"Hey! Uh, congratulations on your win. You deserve it," one of them blushed.

"Yeah. Congrats," the other said, handing out the chocolate.

Kayleigh smiled in return, accepting the box of chocolates. "Thank you!"

Mi-Rae grabbed the box of chocolates from Kayleigh's grasp throwing it on the floor. The bus driver looked at Mi-Rae through the mirror, shrugging, then shifting his concentration back to the road. Kayleigh glared at Mi-Rae, then glanced at the man who gave her the chocolates, bowing her head slightly as an apology, then back at Mi-Rae and the trio. Roisin still snored, shifting slightly to fix her position, laying comfortably on her bag.

"Oh, so now you're latching off my popularity, taking all the gifts from boys I rejected," Mi-Rae bragged, glaring at Kayleigh back.

Kayleigh took a deep breath before she spat. "You think I'm one to latch off of your useless popularity? I do not need your help, love. I'm fine on my own. I'm getting more recognition than you expected after winning and you hate me for that. Sorry to say, love, you're worthless." Kayleigh relaxed, slumping her shoulders as she fixed her position ready for sleep. "Now, get off my back. I want to sleep."

Mi-Rae was about to grab her hair in anger, but Eun-Kyo and Dan-Ah stopped her from doing so, dragging her to the back seat, away from the now sleeping Kayleigh. Caving in, Mi-Rae relaxed and slept as well, as their arrival to Taean inched closer by the minute.

The bus arrived at Moseokwon Pension House at around 5 pm, nightfall imminent in the sky. The university, being a lavish university, provided a room for three students to stay in during the weekend trip. He-Jin, Roisin and Kayleigh shared one room, with three beds each. Leaving their bags inside their temporary home, the three set off to join the rest of the sophomores and seniors, walking for about fifteen minutes, before reaching Captain Ri's village.