Chapter 22 The U.S.J Attack

-------------

EDIT DATE: FEB 15, 2021

-----------

A/N: ITALIC and BOLD when you are both talking. Just BOLD is when she is the only one talking. ITALIC and BOLD with the sign (') on the phrase/word mean she is only talking to you. When only ITALIC with the sign (') is when you are thinking/ talking to her.

-----------

No one POV

- 4:35 am -

'L-Love?! Why can't I feel the same? Is this what his been eager to ask me from the start? How can I- I don't know what to feel... love. Such words would never effect me. I don't feel love. To him, as a friend, but romantically? I can't even know what happiness feel anymore... If that emotion is gone, so did the feeling of loving someone. I don't love, I can't return the same feeling to him. I can't.. and I never will.' 

You thought to your mind as you stare at the dark ceiling. "Sorry Shigaraki. I can't feel the same you feel for me." you whispered.

"Oh shut up lover girl. Love is nothing, it's just a trash word. It makes people weak so stop talking about love." she said to you before she uses the half to push your body up. The sun is rising and it's light is peeking through the broken window of the building you stayed at. Sighing you headed out. 

'Y/n.' you called out as you walk out the building with your hood up. It's a surprise no one suspects a thing. 'Why do you hate love?' like a kid ask his father to explain about how to get in a relationship with his crush.

'Love is just a word that people use to overcame there loneliness. That exact word what made you vulnerable in the first place.' she explained. 'I'm just saving you from it. Love is a toxic word so don't ever ask me that same question again.'

Following from what she said to you you didn't questioned it any further. You have trust in her to keep you save from being weak being like the people around you. Taking in everything in, you breath in the air while holding onto the strap of your f/c back pack. Contain inside is your things, since you mostly move out to different places and not staying from one place for the night. Heroes might came up to the door making them to outmatch you. 

Stopping at a nearby bakery. Looking from the window that give away their selling. It have different type of bread from their color to size. Going in, taking a few and paying them before going out the bakery and stop at a near by tree near the park.

Siting under the shade of the tree and started eating. You feel the bread's soft touch. It's easily to tear apart by a single bite. Munching on it, you took out a book from your  back pack and started reading while eating on a piece of bread. 

Your reading start where you left off. It's page is torn from the side but it didn't affect the content of the page. While reading you can't take the amount of worried towards Shigaraki. You know that he must have felt embarrass and guilty for confession to you.

You never wanted that to happen but you made a promise to be there at his side forever when he was just a kid. It's how he stated to you and it made him realize that time that you like him, not a friend or sibling, but in a romantic way. Sighing in defeat, you had to do the end of the promise. Always at his side, weather he thought of you as a lover or not, a promise is a promise. 

"This the reason why I hate making promises anymore." you said to yourself closing the book. Taking a hint of sun light to your feet, touching your toes feeling the summer heat. You stayed there with the book in your hand while leaning against the tree.