Chapter 03: The Deaths

It's been three years now. Wynonna is eighteen years old, Nigel is six, and she now has a baby sister named Eliza. Eliza was born on October 31, 2003 and its Demeber 26, 2004 now, she's one going on two now.

        Wynonna is sitting in the living room now. Eliza is in her play pin and Nigel is playing with his Batman and Joker action figures their dad got for him on his sixth birthday on Halloween of 2004. 

           Adam and Mary-Anne are on a date tonight, spending some much needed time together. Nona volunteered for baby sitting duty, since she graduated early in 2004 when she was seventeen. A high school graduate at seventeen, it was a shock but also a blessing.

              The landline rings and Wynonna uses her web to get the cordless phone.

           "Hello?" Wynonna greets. "You've reached the Ryder's, this is Wynonna."

             "Miss Ryder, this is doctor Smith from Seattle Grace," a woman says. "You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible. Adam and Mary Ryder have been in a car accident."

              Wynonna hangs up and dressed her siblings quickly before she heads to the hospital with Nigel and Eliza. It's times like these for why Adam and Mary-Anne are glad they made Nona Nigel and Eliza's godmother. She gets custody of the both of them if something happens to her parents.

               Wynonna walks into the hospital with Eliza on one hip and holding Nigel's hand on her other side. They walk up to the nurse's station and Nona tells the nurses that a doctor Smith called her and they told her and they kids to wait.

               The news doctor Smith just shared with Wynonna was devastating. And a very smart Nigel understood what she was saying and he cried as soon as the words 'I'm sorry, your parents died' came out of doctor Smith's mouth.

              At home, Wynonna calls the family members on both sides to tell them about Adam and Mary's death. Nigel's fries were heard by each family member because the kid was heartbroken by the news. He's six, and smart enough to understand. Eliza is still to young to understand what's going on, but she does notice that something's different.

                 Wynonna feeds Eliza when she's finally finished with the phone calls. The family are gonna be together by the time of the funeral in a couple days. Nona also called the funeral home to get the funeral planning.

               Nigel begins playing in the floor with Eliza when someone knocks on the door. Nona's paternal uncle Phillip is at the door, with a saddened expressed and red rimmed eyes as if he'd been crying. Wynonna lets him in and he goes to see the kids.

            "Poor Liza, she has no idea what's going on..." Philip murmurs. "She can tell something's different though, can't she?"

          "Yeah, she can," Wynonna replies. "The guest room is available if you want to stay until the funeral. We meet with the notary about their wills the day after the funeral."

            Phillip thanks his eldest niece as he sits in the floor with Eliza and Nigel. Wynonna sits on the couch.