t h i r t e e n

-three months after the invasion-

You were doing great. Amelia had finally accepted you in her family, and they treated you as if you were one of them. All four of you were in the dining room, eating breakfast.

"Ms. Diaz, this food is amazing!" You said to their mother.

"Dear, call me Josie or mom. No need for honorifics," she smiled back at you.

"Hey, Y/N. Amelia and I are going to the mall later. Wanna come with?" Hailey asked you.

"You should go with them, mija. Spend some time together!" Josie said enthusiastically.

You chuckled. "Sure, I'll come. What time?" You asked.

"After we eat, so be ready!" Amelia said to you.

"Oh, okay!" You said.

*after eating*
You placed your dishes in the sink, and skipped off to Hailey's room. "Thanks for the food. Hailey, mind if I borrow your clothes again?"

"Of course, stupid! Now, hurry, we leave in half an hour," she answered.

You looked through Hailey's wardrobe, and picked out this outfit:

  You changed your clothes, and left your hair down. You then did your morning routine, and slipped your socks and shoes on.

   "Come on, girl! We'll miss the bus!" Hailey said. You took the jacket you had with you when you arrived, and quickly put it on before heading out the door.

   You three were on time for the bus, and you
quickly got on. The girls' mother left all three of you with pocket money, so you didn't need to worry about that.

   On the bus, you fished out the old cellphone that Amelia gave you, and opened Instagram. You looked at your notifications, and saw that you had 4 new followers. Those 4 were none other than the kids you saved the world with. You smiled, thinking about how they're doing right now.

   Hailey saw you smiling at your phone, and looked over your shoulder. "What's making you all smiley, Y/N/N?"

   "Oh, nothing," you answered. She shrugged and looked back at her phone.

   Around 12 minutes later, you had arrived at the mall, and got off the bus. You looked up at the sign, and it read "Elysian Mall". You hadn't read that name in months. The three of you went inside, and walked around.

   "So, where do you guys wanna go first?" Amelia asked.

   "I don't know," you answered.

   Just then, an idea popped into Hailey's head. "Guys, why don't we give Y/N a makeover?"

   "Wait, what?" You said.