t h i r t y - t h r e e

-the other night, 8:30 pm-
Adrien was in his room, listening to music on his laptop to relieve his stress over you, since he broke his phone. He heard the front door unlock, and immediately knew that it was his mom.

The boy recognized his mother's footsteps, but he also heard another person outside. Adrien hopped off his chair and opened his bedroom door.

He then saw a girl about his age. She had platinum blonde hair that was tied up, and fair skin. Something about her was familiar to him.

"Adrien! I was just about to call you." His mom said to him.

Adrien observed the girl more, and realized that it was his childhood friend.

"Wait... Chloe?!" He said excitedly. The girl smiled, for that seemed to be her name.

"Adrien!" The two ran up to each other, hugging.

"What happened to your hair?" Adrien asked, breaking the hug.

"I dyed it. Does it look good?" She answered.

"Yeah, it looks nice." He said, smiling.

Chloe could notice that Adrien's eyes were looking sad. Although there was a smile on his face, Adrien still couldn't bear the fact that you were no longer in love with him. She didn't know that was the reason, though.

"You go catch up, okay? I'm making dinner!" Adrien's mom said.

"Sure, mom." Adrien said.

The two of them went back into Adrien's room. Chloe could see his broken phone on the floor, and a small dent on the wall. His laptop displayed his sad playlist, and immediately knew something was wrong. The blonde sat down on his bed, and crossed one leg over the other.

"Alright, what's wrong?" She said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Adrien said, acting clueless.

"Come on, A. We were friends since preschool. I can tell something's wrong." She said. Adrien slightly smiled. He hadn't heard that nickname in ages.

The boy sighed. "Fine."

"Go on, just tell me everything." Chloe said.

"Okay. So, three months after the alien invasion, I met a girl one night," he said. Chloe just nodded, indicating that she was listening. "She was about to be beat up by a drunk dude, but I saved her. We became really close friends."

"That's nice. What does she look like?" Chloe asked.

"She was really pretty. Her glistening E/C eyes, the way her red hair dye matched with my yellow dye, and her voice. Even her name was charming." Adrien said, smiling.

"What was her name?" Chloe asked.

"Y/N," Adrien said. He then turned to a frown, continuing the story. "We eventually fell in love on Christmas, or so I thought."

"Really? What happened?" Chloe asked him.

"Oh, I'll tell you what happened. Some other guy, he took her from me. What's even worse is that she likes him back! I can't believe this, I thought he and I were gonna be friends one day!" Adrien said, flopping down on his bed.

Without realizing, Adrien's black eyes shed tears as he closed then shut, thinking about what he saw earlier.

"No, don't cry!" Chloe said, hugging Adrien and helping him up.

"Well, why shouldn't I? I got cheated on by the love of my life." Adrien said, looking off to the side.

"Yeah, but she was worthless anyway! If she really was the love of your life, then she wouldn't have went behind your back." Chloe said.