«Prologue»

I've always wondered what was beyond that gate, greeting us from the inside of a haven my family and I have become familiar with. The day I found out the fate of every person in my home, my views of this world plummeted...

*Flashback: Five years ago*

"(Y/N), go check where mama is. She's taking longer than usual to drop Mina off." Ray said, as he stood by the window, looking for Mama. 

"Awww, why can't you go?" I groaned, sitting on the dining table and kicking my legs.

"Pleeeease?" Ray begged mockingly on his two knees and hands together.

I rolled my eyes and agreed to go, knowing what I was walking into.

𝕀 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕦𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜

I dragged my tired body to the gate, separating the world from us, and that's when I saw mama and her.

I erased my presence and approached mama when I spotted the haunting image of an ash grey demonic arm holding a white flower.

"Here is your next meal." Mama said staring directly into the gray figure's eyes, moving swiftly further from the child.

The gray figure took the flower in his hand and, with no hesitation, stabbed it into her chest...

The flower became a deathly, vibrant, red tone, and as the realisation of what I had just witnessed once again settled in, I became on the verge of tears, praying with all my might that I could escape without luck, but skill.

The demon approached my hiding spot and I covered my quivering lips to avoid the demon hearing my whimpers with my shivering hands.

"I swear I heard movement around here." The demon said in a deep, growling voice.

"I'm sure the rest of the children are inside the house as we speak." Mama stated, watching the demon's back.

I scurried away, silent as a mouse, towards the opposite side of the vehicle, away from the demon and mama. As the demon's footsteps softened, I took my chance and left before it was too late...

*flashback end*

I know what is beyond that gate, greeting us from the inside of a death trap my family and I have become familiar with. The day I found out the fate of every child in this home, my brain got to work...

(387 words)