«50 - The War Begins»

*Emma's POV*

"I don't want to live in a future where my survival depends on killing a friend. On killing Musica. I would never be able to smile again."

"So you insist we should do all it takes to avoid the extermination?" Norman confirms.
"Yes!"

"What about my plan? It's already started, you know. The alliance with Giran is done. I can't go back."

"I know. There's no problem. Let them topple the Royals and the Regent Families. The liberation of the Farms is a good thing, too. But, at that point, don't go on with executing the nobles. Instead, I'd like to use their blood to make many more demons able to live without humans. At the same time, we'll cross The Seven Walls and seal a new promise with ಕೇತ್ರ. We'll make a pathway to escape to the Human World. Finally, give stable bodies to all the demons. Put an end to Plantations... and bring all the Cattle Children to the Human side." I plan.

"That's a pipe dream. I don't see hope in any of it, but let's concede, for the sake of the argument, that we can cross to the Human World and so on. Even then, the part about The Seven Walls is completely unclear. They say that in that place, there lies the supreme existence among the demons, ಕೇತ್ರ... But the Seven Walls... They aren't found anywhere in the demon world. Even the documentations accumulated by the Ratri Clan don't have a clue about them. It's just a big unknown. Even James Ratri could never find the way to reach it. On what basis do you think-"

"We already did. We found out how to reach the Seven Walls, a year and a half ago. We already gathered everything we need, as well. When the conditions are right, we can go at any time!" I announce.

"You- You found it?" Norman stutters, amazes by the news.

"Yup! But to be fair, there's still a lot of things we don't know... We can't tell if the method will work... Or what we will find there. It's still just as you said... A big unknown. If you must know more before stopping the plan, then let me go find out!" I confirm.

"What?" Norman questions.
I grab his hand and continue with my foolish idea.

"I will go and learn all about it! If I can fix the Promise, if I manage to come back, then you can rethink the idea of extermination! Please!" I plead.

"Ah, wait a minute... Where has this all come from... What's this about 'if you manage to come back'?" Norman asks, nervously.

Ray pipes into the conversation to help explain.

"Regarding the risks, right now we're aware of two things. We know how to get in, but nothing about how to get out. And... It appears that most who have gone there have never returned."

Norman pauses for a moment.

"WHAAAA?!" He yells in our ears, "WHAT IN THE WORLD? THAT'S WAY TOO DANGEROUS!!"

"But if I don't, there will a massacre, right? I'm against that!" I point out, calmly.

"BUT COME ON!!"

"It's okay, don't worry! I already wanted to go anyway!"

"THAT'S NOT EVEN REMOTELY OK!!"

"1000 years ago, the first Ratri managed to come back, right? So we know there must be a way. And I'll find it. And also... I'm the one who wants to stop the extermination... So let me shoulder the burden at least a little bit, okay? I'll check it out and be right back!"

"A bit, you say?"
"I mean, that's not much, right? Not when compared to your burden... Doing everything alone. Leading all of it like a God. You know, Norman... It's okay. You don't have to become a God."