«11 - Our New Life»

A/N: I'll quickly explain this, but I write these chapter around a week before I publish them and lately, the published chapters have caught up to the pre-written ones, so I'll be posting every two days now instead of everyday. I hope that's okay.

Also, from this point on will be manga spoilers, so I suggest reading the manga before proceeding!

- 29/08/2020

Well, since this book is finished, you won't have to worry about publishing, but chapters are being edited to make sure the grammar is fine and plot doesn't cross over. Thank you, Reader!

-26/02/2021

___________________________________________

I've always wondered what was beyond this gate greeting us from the inside of a haven my family and I have become familiar with. Now I can say goodbye and run into the sunset.

«•»

We're running through the forest right now. The sirens are fading away and the light is shining through the tall, vivid trees. It is morning already. The first day we can witness true freedom, but how long will it last...?

After an hour of running, we found ourselves in a forest with trees tall as the clouds and wide as the sky. It's completely different form the forest we were in moments ago.

I'm at the back of the group whilst, Emma is at the front. Since we are both almost equally athletic, it would be easier to keep everyone in check like this.

The outside world is much more different than what was initially planned and to me, it was a good thing...

I wish Norman was here to see it...
But... at last, my hard work has finally paid off!

I turn to Ray and he looks as though something is on his mind, but relaxes. Guess it wasn't too serious.

As I keep an eye on the kids, I notice our pace has dropped quite a lot,
"Emma!" Don shouts from further ahead.

"Okay, everyone, time to rest! Let's eat breakfast here!" Emma shouts loud enough for only our group to hear.

I decide to inspect the perimeter with Ray. We don't find any droppings or tracks and head back to the kids.

I drink some water and skip breakfast. We don't want the food to run out too quick.

Plus, I still have my own food from when I was on the wall in case me or the other get hungry at any point.

Ray and Emma were chatting for a bit. It was nice to see our spirits so high in this situation.

I walk over to Ray and mess up his hair,
"Happy birthday, you doof." I cheer with a closed-eye smile across my face.

Ray messes up my hair and smiles back.
"Why always the hair, Ray!" I stomp around as Ray chuckles.

As everyone starts to leave from the site, I stay behind covering up any traces of camping erasing footprints and getting rid of food crumbs.