«48 - Giran»

"It's been a while. Thank you for meeting us on such short notice. Lord Giran."

Yeah, definitely a fly head.

"You said 'Next time,  two other subordinates and I will come alone.' To think that was actually the truth..."

"Trust, that is the first thing you need to form an alliance. Zazie." Norman gestures to Zazie who takes a bag from behind us.

"It's not much, but please accept this present. These are high grade staff from the mass production farm we raided the other day. If you'd like, please feel free to help yourselves to them, later."

Inside the bag are demon heads with arrows sticking out from the centre eye.

"How thoughtful. That's very helpful. Thank you for those." Giran replies.

We make our way to a stone 'table', which is just a stone slab, and Giran and Norman take a seat. Zazie and I stand behind him, intently.

"Let's get down to business. I'll inquire once more. What is it that you request of us, and what can you offer in return?" Giran enquires.

"What is I want is combat strength. What I can offer you is victory. And a means to fulfill your revenge." Norman proposes, sinisterly.

This... this isn't the same Norman from two years ago. Not just the fact that he has matured, but Norman has become more... heartless...

The Norman I knew would never propose revenge even if just a scheme. A betrayal. It's the smart move, but it's also a heartless move. What happened in LAMBDA...?

"700 years ago, your noble family was betrayed and fell to ruins. That's how your forms declined to such an extent. I promise to present the heads of the Royal family and the Five Regent Homes to you." Norman proposes.

"If we can do away with the current regime of the royal family and the five regent homes, you would be able to return to being the central figure in this system. After taking revenge, the demon world would belong to you. I'd like to make you the King."

"And what would you get in return?"
"The liberation of all Cattle Children. In addition, I'd like you to allow them to govern themselves."

The demons, shocked by Norman's approach, gasp and look taken back. Norman notices and corrects his statement.

"I have no intention of depriving you all of your food, of course. After all the Cattle Children are freed, I'll provide you the facilities of the plantations, as they are. And in return, you may do whatever you please with the Ratri Clan.

The Ratri Clan... They started this, and now, I'm hoping they can end it. Or we will end it, ourselves.

"You can eat them. You can cultivate new ones. Don't worry. With the current technology the Ratri Clan posses, it should be possible to create hundreds of humans. If that's what you're looking for, I'll pass on all of the research data from Lambda to you." Norman finishes.

"So, you're saying Cattle Children have a thousand years worth of their own revenge, huh? Or could you be going after them for your own retribution? James Ratri. However, you are correct. The Ratri Clan is certainly tightly woven with the royal family and the five regent homes. They've been a thorn in our side. If we can eat them, while still ridding ourselves of them, it would be two birds with one stone." Fly Head explains.

Norman proceeds to take out a document and motions it towards Giran.

"Let's join hands. In order to survive, and for both of us to get revenge. I have a plan just for this, and adequate information to carry it out."