27

"What a bitch," I said as I took a screenshot of the email.

That was going in the editors' group chat.

"Who?" Meg asked. She and Damaris paused their recitation of medications and side effects.

"Some poli sci prof emailed me to complain about how the paper is handling information about the murder."

"Fuck her."

"For real."

"But who?"

"Some Pam Meyers?"

"Oh. Yeah, she's a bitch."

"Thank you."

"Any time."

They resumed their studying, and I went to the group chat.

"Not really surprised, TBH," Jess was saying. "I've overheard a few people complaining."

"Like who?"

"Mostly faculty, staff, admin. Obviously most students want to know what's going on and they're much more willing to talk to us about it."

"Great. Exactly what we needed. Admin getting pissed at us."

"Meh. As long as Marcus hasn't said anything, I think it's fine. It's not really that bad."

"Yet."

"It'll be fine."

They were probably right. And anyway, how much did I really care about what admin thought?

Truth be told, I cared very, very, very little.

Besides, no matter what I did, I'd probably never piss them off as much as Kat did. Whatever I could possibly do, Kat had undoubtedly done far worse.

Perks of having a super badass predecessor.

"Guess I should email her back."

"Whatcha gonna say?"

"Well, what's a nice way to tell her to shove her opinion up her ass?"

Unfortunately, all I got in response was a smattering of laughing emojis, so I was apparently on my own for that one.

*** ***