Thirty Three

• Trixie's POV •

They say that the longer time you don't see each other, then it would be much easier to forget each other as well. But I don't believe in that.

I've been staying here in LA for a long time now, I think. I'm not even sure. It feels like I'm doing nothing here. Like I didn't have a purpose on why I came back in here.

Milk finally has a girlfriend, she said that it was a high school friend. The girl is very kind and sweet, I hope they'll have a happy life. Not like what happened to my story, it was all a mess now.

"Maam, here's all the information that I got. Everything is in there." Then the investigator handed me an envelope. I made him search for my mother. Yes, the one who sold me to a black market. How is she? How does she feel after she got the money when she sold me? Did she enjoy spending it?

"Thank you." Then I also handed an envelope and inside of it is cash. To be honest, hiring a private investigator in Paris is way more expensive than here in LA. But I can't complain though, everything in Paris is technology.

I left the office of my Private Investigator holding the envelope in my hands. I'm scared of what I would find out inside this envelope. How is my mother doing?

• Third Person POV •

"Well, we've got to go Katya. Me and Jessica have a lot of things to do so we better get going." Mr. Kirk is already on his way out of Katya's office together with his new girlfriend Jessica. They just actually dropped by to give Katya the invitation for their engagement party. Katya never opposed to the said marriage since she never saw his father that happy ever since her mom dies and the downfall of her own sister.

"Madam, Ms. Visage called once again." Michelle Visage. Again. Katya bowed her head down in frustration. Michelle called multiple times already and in those calls made, she always tells her secretary to let her know that she's busy and she doesn't want to talk to her.

Katya doesn't know what to say yet. The Black Market should never know about Trixie being missing for a year now. Especially now that she's already here in LA, Katya need time to look for Trixie.

"Tell her that I am in a meeting! It's your call. Tell her any excuse!" Katya shouted at her secretary who scurried off immediately.

She knows that even though there are a lot of problems in the office, she can manage anything. But her problem with Trixie? She can't even think straight.

In this exact moment, Butler Mark is already looking for Trixie together with the 10 detectives of the Zamolodchikova Family. They need to find Trixie as soon as possible. They need to find her before the inventory that's about to happen.

"M-Maam. E-Excuse m-me.." Katya's secretary once again enetered her office.

"What?" Katya asked. Irritation laced in her voice.

"Ms. Visage said that if you don't want to talk to her through phone, then she will just come here right now." Katya was taken aback. If Michelle is gonna be coming here right now, she'll know that Trixie is not with her. Greater chance that they'll know that Trixie escaped under their care.

"What line?" Katya asked her assistant.

"Line 3 Madam."

"Get out." And her secretary got out of her office.

Katya took her wireless phone immediately and talked to the person she never thought she'll talk to ever again.

"Michelle Visage."