29

(UNEDITED)
"What do you mean we are locked?" Beomgyu says as he pushes Taehyun aside and tries opening the door once again. Beomgyu sighs in frustration as he hit the door with his foot, "Don't you have a key or something?" Beomgyu asks while looking at Taehyun. "Um...no I left it on my desk, don't you have a phone we can use to call someone?" Taehyun asks.

"I left in on my desk as well, don't you have your phone. It's a necessary object how can you not have it?" Beomgyu says. Taehyun raises an eyebrow towards Beomgyu as he rolls his eyes, "Says the one that left it as well" Taehyun mumbles as he turns his back against the door.

"The only option now is to wait until someone opens the door, and on some occasions wait until morning for the janitor to open the door," Taehyun says sitting down on the floor as he lays his back against a desk

"UNTIL MORNING?!" Beomgyu shouts. Taehyun nods his head calmly, "Just sit down don't worry we will get out of here" Taehyun says patting the space next to him gesturing for Beomgyu to sit down next to him.

Beomgyu doesn't want to sit down, being locked inside a room alone with someone else has never happened to him and this experience was weird but what could he do. Build a time machine to avoid it? So the only option he had was to just sit down and wait for someone to open the door and not panic.

Beomgyu slowly sits down next to Taehyun as his butt touches the cold floor. The room was filled with a long pregnant silence as the two boys just stared off into space or would just look at the door in hopes someone would come in and rescue them from this chilly room.

"Why didn't you call me after you left?" Taehyun asks breaking the cold silence. "Taehyun I said not right now," Beomgyu says his cold voice appearing once again.

"Why do you keep avoiding the question?" Taehyun asks straightforwardly. He hated how Beomgyu was always dodging the question and not answering him.

"Taehyun... Nothing has changed since high school okay? I always saw you like a little brother and I still do nothing can change that" Beomgyu says making Taehyun shut down as he looks down as he knows what Beomgyu was talking about.

"Are you still mad at me for telling you?" Taehyun asks his voice to become lower almost in a weak state.

"no...its not your fault that you couldn't contain your feeling, Taehyun," Beomgyu says gently. A small silence fills up the room once again as they just avoid looking at each other or just stare at the ground and avoid talking.

"I will go to the other room," Taehyun says as he stands up and walks to the other room connected to the printer room leaving Beomgyu alone. Beomgyu sighs as the room maintains quite.

"I'm sorry, Taehyun" Beomgyu whispers as a small tear falls down his cheek.

5 years ago
"Beomgyu I like you," the timid Taehyun tells Beomgyu as he stares at Beomgyu waiting for an answer in return. Beomgyu almost felt his heart stop as he heard those words come out of his friend's mouth. His heart started beating faster as it always did when he was around Taehyun or his hand would brush against Taehyun's.

A faint blush appeared on Beomgyu's face but it was almost unnoticeable. Beomgyu wanted to say yes...but his mom's words filled his mind once again like it did when he was about to make a decision. "No son of mine will ever be a failure" the words would always repeat inside Beomgyu's head.

In beomgyu's mind, dating the same gender as yourself was considered a failure towards himself and his family. He just didn't want to disappoint his mom.

"Um..."

"Sorry Taehyun...I just...I only see you as a friend" these words didn't only stab Taehyun like a knife, it hurt Beomgyu just by saying these words a long time crush knowing that he crushed every hope inside Taehyun. Beomgyu could feel his heart break down as he feels a deep pain inside him mentally.

"...just friends then"...
_________________