47

(UNEDITED)
The young boys enter the room.

"Hello mom" Yeonjun greets his mother as she looks up with excitement on her face. She opens her arms wide wanting a hug from her son. Yeonjun walks up to her and wraps his arms around her weak body.

Maybe that's why Yeonjun was obsessed with the lavender scent, his mom smelled just like lavender. He breaks the hug as he backs up and looks at Soobin who was standing still behind him.

"Um...Mom, this is Soobin. My boss and you can consider him as my f-fiend" Yeonjun says as he signals Soobin to get closer, but Soobin stands still not even moving an inch. Yeonjun grabs his arm calmly and pulls him closer for him to greet his mother.

"Why do you always have such handsome friends?" his mom says smiling towards Soobin.

"Um...my name is Choi Soobin, but just Soobin will be fine," Soobin says smiling back while bowing.

"I'm sorry I haven't been visiting you in some time, I was busy with work," Yeonjun says. Ms.Choi turns to look at her son, "It's fine, Euna was here keeping me company" His mom says.

The door opens as Euna walks in with the usual cart of medicine, "oh...Yeonjun? I'm glad to see you" Euna says hugging Yeonjun. Euna was almost like a little sister to him, they were close as kids but she moved away. When Yeonjun's mom was transferred to the hospital, they finally met again.

Yeonjun remembers having a crush on her when they were kids but then he found out she wasn't interested in boys instead she liked girls. Yeonjun was a bit heartbroken but he was able to get over it and continue being friends.

"omg! Is that Choi Soobin?!" she says covering her mouth in surprise, "I'm a big fan of all your work and products!" she says bowing down many times with a tint of pink covering her cheeks.

"Euna, your straightness is showing" Yeonjun jokes.

Soobin turns to look at him with a confused face, "Straightness?"

"Ah...I'm lesbian" Euna explains, Soobin nods his head finally understanding.

"Yeonjun, can you help your mom drink her medicine, the usual you already know by now. I have to run a quick arrangement" Euna says prepping the medicine.

"Yeah sure no problem," Yeonjun says standing up, "I will leave the cart here, be right back," Euna says walking out of the room. Soobin looks around the room as his eyes catch a drawing pad near the nightstand, he reaches towards it and opens it slowly looking at all the beautiful and detailed artwork.

Some drawings were painted or colored with bright and stunning colors, while others were just shaded with pencil. He keeps turning the page absorbed completely into the gorgeous painting.

But he stops in one of the paintings, it was of just two simple hands but something about it just seemed strange. The art was colored in oil pastels, the timid but calming colors of the painting seemed a lot different from the rest.

"That is probably one of my favorite drawings I have ever done, there is a story about it," Ms.Choi says grabbing onto the drawing pad and placing it on her lap. She runs her finger over the drawing softly not wanting to ruin the beautiful artwork.

Yeonjun stops fixing the medicine when he remembers the story.

"Um...mom I have to go to the bathroom I will be right back," Yeonjun says quickly running out of the room to the bathroom.

Leaving Soobin and Ms.Choi alone in the hospital room. Ms.Choi reaches for Soobin's hand as she cups it between her own. "Soobin, I need you to take care of Yeonjun and never let him go. History is repeating itself, it's up to you guys to decide if you will repeat the same risk or not" Ms.Choi says calmly.

Soobin was confused at he statement, but somehow he felt like he should listen to her.

"Take care of Yeonjun, Sang," Ms.Choi whispers.

Soobin was shocked that she knew that name, strange dreams would always mention that name, and finally, it hit. Yeonjun was Sang's Chisoo.
_________________