Chapter 1

Your POV

I am a cheater.

I can't even begin to tell you how badly I messed up.

I destroyed lives, friendships, relationships, and I destroyed myself in the process.

I had a nice life. I wasn't privileged or rich in any way. But I had my person. They kept me going. And I cheated on them.

But I just gave birth to a healthy baby boy and after everything that has happened, I wouldn't change any of it because I love this boy with all of my heart.

I'm sure you'd like an explanation. Well, it all started about ten months ago. My parents hated me, I had a boyfriend, and I slept with his best friend.

Actually, I'll just show you...

*Ten Months Ago*

I hate my parents! God, they're awful!

My dad is cheating on my mom and he is paying me to keep quiet. My mom is cheating on my dad and she says she's kicking me out if I tell on her.

But what I know is that if I tell any of them anything, we lose everything. They're business partners and if they quit their jobs because of each other, we go homeless.

So I just keep quiet and I get paid. I'm shocked about the paid part, too.

But I would have probably ended it all if it weren't for my boyfriend. His name is Johnny Cade and he's everything you could ever ask for.

He and I are opposites though. I like to do what i want, sneak off, go to parties, get drunk, and let loose.

He is pretty... innocent, you could say. He got beat up a few months ago and it's been different ever since then. But I fell in love with that Johnny. I didn't know him before he got beat up. We spend most of the time at my house because my parents are always on a business trip or cheating on each other.

But tonight was different.

He was at a friends house.

I was with Dallas Winston...

Let me tell you something about Dallas. He's the definition of a cliche bad boy or like a rebel.

Everyone knows him but it's not how anyone would like to be known. He's known for being a player. And I was one of the girls he played.

But I didn't care at the time. I loved it. I loved being with him. His embrace, his warmth, his body, his perfection. How did I never notice all of this? We were both pretty drunk but not drunk enough that we wouldn't remember the next morning.

But I woke up and I was sore as hell. I quickly got dressed before I woke him up and I went outside.

I was in a lot of pain but I never felt better. The breeze on my arms, the wind hitting against my body, I felt free and I wanted to feel like this everyday.

I went home and I took a shower and then a nap after the long night I had last night. But I didn't feel any better the next day. I thought it was a nasty hangover, but I realized I was just sick. 

About five days passed and I slowly got to get better, but it went downhill. I started puking all day and I felt nauseous.

This can't be good...

I haven't talked to Johnny in a few days so I tried to call him but it didn't feel right so I hung up before anyone could pick up.

After throwing up for hours I finally stopped. But then I felt dizzy. I decided to go to the hospital. I got there and a nurse escorted me into a room. I must have fallen asleep because the next person I saw in there was a doctor.