Chapter 35

Your POV

"Is everyone here?" I asked.

"I think so." Johnny said.

I looked around. "Well, I'm getting impatient so we're just gonna start now."

It's rehearsal dinner time.

We all sat down and Haden and Alexander were running around, Olivia was playing with Loretta's daughter, Kylie, and everyone else was all over the place.

I sat down and just waited with Johnny. Slowly, people started to come over. As soon as everyone got over to the table I stood up. "Well, if I'm being completely honest, I don't know how this is supposed to work. And if this is the rehearsal dinner, where's the real dinner? Is this a formal thing? Because I chose the most informal but formal dress I had - (Picture at the bottom) - Is it just a normal dinner?"

I paused. "I dunno. Anyway, thanks for being here. I'm also pretty sure this is a family thing but speaking on behalf of Johnny and I, that will not be happening. So... thanks for coming? I've been to two rehearsal dinners and it was just full of smushy love stuff and niceness so... can we skip that?" I asked.

They all laughed. I sat back down and Liam spoke up.

"So, I knew you weren't gonna like that most people say one thing they like about the groom and the bride. But we aren't skipping. I'll start." Liam pulled something out from under the table. I raised an eyebrow.

It was a VHS tape.

That's never good.

"My favorite thing about you is when you're high."

"Wait what?" I asked.

"I stopped drinking before I met you." I said.

"Painkillers." He said.

"I'm majorly confused. What is that?" He pulled out the little TV off to the side.

"It's the video of you right after you got your wisdom teeth out."

"You recorded me sleeping?" I asked.

"I lied. You didn't go to bed right after. I took you to work and I got you to do a bunch of crazy stuff after you took a bunch of painkillers."

My eyes widened. "WHAT!" I yelled.

"You said I slept through the painkillers and anesthesia!" He grinned. "Oh no." I said.

He put it in and it started off with him setting it up on a table.

-The Tape-

"One more. I drawled."

"No. You're pregnant." Liam said.

"ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?" I yelled.

"No! If you take too many, you're gonna hurt your baby!"

"I don't want it." I said trying to grab the bag from him. "THERE'S BLOOD!" I screamed.

"Since when are you scared of a little blood? And It's ok. The blood is gone. You have to get back to work." Liam said trying to get me to stop screaming.

"I have a doctors note." I said handing him a sticky note.

"It says 'Don't let the dog bite the cat' and you wrote this in the car." Liam said.

"I'm my own doctor." I let out a really obnoxious laugh.

"Alright. Go to work."

"I work?" I asked.

He nodded. "You perform." I let out the same obnoxious laugh.

"Alright." I said laughing.

Liam grabbed the camera and I went up on the stage. I started 'performing' and the camera repositioned.