Chapter 17

Your POV *1963*

It was Saturday night and I don't think I've ever been this excited about anything.

If that doesn't say anything about my life, I don't know what will.

"Ok. So you got it all down?" Brent asked.

"I know everthing about you. And me?" He nodded. "We're gonna win this competition." I said with a smirk.

"I feel excluded." Dylan said.

Brent and I laughed. "Next year." I said.

"Maybe I'll be in California by next year."

Brent and I groaned. "Give it up! You'd hate California." I said. "And I'm always right."

"Well not about this. If I was kidnapped and they said we were going to California, I wouldn't resist."

I don't know why he wants to go to California so badly. It's not the best place in the world. Hell, I've never been there but I've heard about it and I know Dylan.

He wouldn't like it.

And if you know me, I'm always right. "I never thought I'd see you guys dressed up. Even though it hasn't been that long, I have heard everything there is to know about Brent." I said with an eye roll.

They laughed. "I've heard enough about you too." Brent said. "So it's also weird for me to see you in a dress. And if you have never used makeup before, how did you do it so well?" He asked.

"I just did the basics. I've done that before. I just don't use a million products." I said.

"Well, it looks like it's time for us to go." Dylan said.

"How are we gonna get there?" Brent asked.

I grabbed keys out of my mattress. "I'm driving." I said.

"I- What?"

"You heard me. I'm driving." I said walking outside.

"No you aren't. You're 14." "Yeah. Same age as you. I can drive with an adult." I uttered.

"We're all 14! None of us are adults!" Brent yelled.

"Does it look like I care?" I asked. "Let's go." I said.

I got in the front seat of my moms car and we went to the school. Brent and Dylan were grasping on for dear life. "Guys. Relax."

"I don't trust you." Brent said in a scared voice.

"We're fine so far. I've done this a million times!" I said.

They ignored me.

But we went to the school and I parked towards the front. "Let's go!" I yelled.

We walked inside and it was very awkward at first because none of us wanted to dance. So we just stayed at the food table and ate all we could eat.

But finally, the end of the night was coming and Brent and I were ready to nail this competition.

"Alright everyone!" Principle Beckham said. "If you would like to participate in the 'Who Knows Me Better' activity, come on up."

I grabbed Brent's wrist and we went up to the stage. There weren't that many people. Maybe 15 groups. I decided I was partner one and he was partner two.

We filled out our answer sheets for us so we couldn't cheat. Three people got out on the first question. It was pretty easy.

"How many siblings does partner 2 have?" Brent has none.