Chapter 25

Your POV - 1964

"You're a slut, [Y/N]! You and I both know it. Maybe the real reason you won't tell them all what I did is because I didn't do anything! It was all you! You guys wanna know? She put herself on me and then got mad when I rejected her. She wants sex and money. That's all she cares about! Johnny you better move on because she's gonna leave you high and dry after she gets what she wants!" Brent yelled.

I told myself to just ignore him but after that last part, I got angry.

And that's when I lost my temper.

I ran back and I knocked him to the ground once he turned around. He groaned and got on top of me. "Look familiar." He whispered as I was pinned to the ground.

I kicked him and then I punched his nose. He hit his head on a pole and groaned.

I hit my leg on something, but I wasn't sure what. But I felt someone grab my waist and pull me back. Brent had blood dripping down the side of his face. I think it was a cop. "Stop it!" He yelled.

I stood up and spit on Brent. "Go to hell!" I yelled as the officer was making sure he was ok.

I swallowed the blood inside of my mouth and walked off. "Are you-" Johnny started.

"NO!" I screamed.

I was walking to East Tulsa, but not home. Not yet. I hated Brent more than anything and I wanted to get back at him.

His parents are probably out somewhere. I've only met them once and that's because they always go to hotels to have sex.

They aren't nice though. I wish I didn't meet them. Brent said they know someone who owns the hotel so they rent out a suite. I don't know why though.

I guess that's just what rich people do. My family has money, but we aren't rich that's for sure.

So I snuck in his house before he had the chance to get home and I hid in a cupboard in the kitchen. It just had pots and pans in it.

I had it creaked open to look at the clock and almost an hour and a half passed by. I heard him open the door and ask if anyone was home.

He sighed when he didn't hear a response. He went down the hall to his bedroom and slammed the door.

I got out of the cupboard as quietly as I could and looked for another place to run.

I unlocked the patio door and figured I could run out to the deck and hide under there. I opened the front door to make it seem like I ran out.

But then I pushed everything off the kitchen counter and I bolted to the patio. I moved the door lock so it looked like it was locked but it wasn't.

I was just hoping he wouldn't actually lock it. He's not too smart.

Will he?

But I ran outside anyway and hid close to the patio. I saw him walk into the kitchen and look around.

He swore under his breath and looked around. I ran around as he was picking up the knives and I knocked on the front door.

I didn't want him to see me so I ran back around to the patio.

Getting some cardio.

I saw him starting to panic but he'd never show real emotion. He went back into his room and locked the door. I got up and knocked on his window.

I quickly ran around to the front and knocked there too. And then I went home.

I didn't wanna get caught. But the night passed and I went to school the next day and acted like nothing happened. Even though my body was still sore.

I wanted to show Ms. Jurvey that I could get the money because she said I was too poor to afford it.

Hell, she'd probably never expect me to get it this way but who cares. "Hey, [Y/N]." Johnny said.

"Hi." I continued.

"Are you ok? From last night?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said with a smirk.

"Where's Brent?" Dallas asked.

"I don't know. I'm not his mother." And I left it at that.

I met with Ponyboy at lunch and I told him about last night. "Why'd ya do that?" He asked.

"Because one thing about Brent, is that if you get him really scared he'll act different for a few days. Yeah, he scares people but it's hard to get him really good. You can pop out and scare him, but it just doesn't do justice. So for the next few days, he'll be freaked out for a bit. That's all."

"Did you give Ms. Jurvery the money?" I nodded.

"She asked how I got it and then when I told her I had the money, she said I was a thief and threatened to call the cops."

He laughed. "She's so dramatic. I hate her."

But that's pretty much how the rest of my school year went.

Johnny was right. School can be fun when you aren't alone.

Brent and Dylan just ruined it for me I guess.

Brent slowly stopped showing up at school and only came every once in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out next year.

We switched classes after 2nd quarter and I have my first class, history, with Brent, Dallas, and Johnny. But it was May 2nd and the dance was May 13th. We get out of school early this year for some reason so the dance is happening early.

"Good morning, students" The principal said over the intercom. "As we all know, the dance is in 11 days and I'm very excited to announce that the theme this year is the King and Queen of the dance!"

"WHAT!" I yelled. I slammed my hands on my desk and stood up.

"Make sure to sign your name if you wish to participate and cast your votes by the 11th. Have a nice day."

I'm gonna win that crown.

I bolted out of the classroom. Brent followed me. "Wait up." He said.

"I wanna come." Johnny continued.

"You guys can't just leave my classroom-" Mr. Lynks started. "Guys?" He asked. But we were all far out the door. "Can someone go get them?" He asked.

"I will." Dallas said.

"But I know you won't come back either-" Mr. Lynks said after Dallas left. He sighed and gave up at that point.

"You aren't gonna win." Brent said as I walked to my locker.

"Watch me." I said putting my stuff away.

"Where are you going?" Dallas asked.

"I have to win that crown."

"Why is it a big deal anyway?" Brent asked.

"I've waited for this for years. Ok? I'm not gonna lose."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"It's a long story. And I have stuff to get done."

I was first to sign up and I left school.

*The Next Day*

The voting started and I made sure to wait as people dropped the pieces of paper into the cheaply made box.

It was in a classroom so I stood behind the door and waited to see the people drop it into the box.

I didn't understand why nobody was monitoring it but I didn't care. I changed the votes of everyone who wrote in pencil.

And as for people who wrote in pen, I just made new ones for them. I kept some so it didn't look like everyone voted for me. I'd ruin my chances.

But I waited everyday, changing votes and monitoring.

Then the voting ended.