Chapter 2

Your POV *Present*

So that's my story. Up until now, at least.

For these past nine months, I have thought about putting this baby up for adoption or a foster home but now that I'm holding him in my hands, I wouldn't ever think about doing that.

And you wouldn't believe how successful I've gotten. I worked four jobs for a while and dropped out of school.

But now I'm down to one. I don't work at the lounge anymore... thank God. I work at the most popular place in town.

It's a restaurant, bar, singing, everything. It's all for entertainment. But I moved away from the singing and entertainment part. I'm a waitress. But it pays amazingly because of how much people come in a day.

I have one really good friend who works there. His name is Liam. He knows everything. Johnny, Dally, cheating, everything. I practically told him my entire life story.

But I had a healthy baby boy named Haden and I loved him more than anything.

I took the next two months off to work on myself. I had a surgery to reduce the skin on my stomach. A lot of people would say it's a waste of money and to work it off naturally but I couldn't stand it.

If anyone saw me from Oklahoma, I'd never hear the end of it. And that's one of my biggest flaws.

But the day I was about to go back to work, I couldn't stop thinking about what I did.

Haden looked just like me thankfully. I don't know what I'd do if he looked like Dallas.

But he was the spitting image of me.

And I found a girl who can look after him when I'm working. She's super sweet and I trust her. She's sixteen and I just turned seventeen.

But I went to work the next day and Liam was glad to see me. We were closing tonight so it was after hours while we cleaned up. "So how was it?" He asked with a fake smile.

I laughed. "Painful and long." I said with a grin.

"Did you find someone to watch him?"

I nodded. "It's a sixteen year old girl named Kassie just looking for extra money. She's super sweet."

"That's good. So... now's the time..."

I gave him a smile. "Are you sure?" I said lingering.

"Yes! What's the name?" I laughed.

"Haden."

"I love it! It was worth the wait."

I laughed. "I'm glad."

I love how I can be myself around Liam. He's always so supportive and always loves everything I do.

And the best part is, after work I can put on sweatpants and he won't judge.

"So what have you been up to these past three months when you were gone?"

I laughed. "Well for the first month, I couldn't move because I had a baby in my stomach. But after that, I went to the gym a whole lot and just focused on myself."

"What does that mean? Focus on yourself?" He asked.

I laughed. "Just working on my hidden talents."

"What are they?"

I grinned. "They're hidden for a reason."

"Come on."

"Tomorrow." I said stalling and hoping he'd forget.

But I went home and I went to the only person that could make me happy by just sitting there.