Chapter 11

Your POV

Johnny looked at everyone else for help but nobody knew what to do. "I'm just gonna tell her."

"NO!" They all yelled.

"No. Just tell me." I said.

"Promise you won't hurt any of us?" Ponyboy asked.

"No." I said angrily, but while keeping a devilish smile. Emma shifted in her seat. "Are you gonna tell me?" I asked on the verge of losing my cool.

"I have said it before and I will say it again, you are scary when you're mad."

"Stop trying to change the topic." I said refusing to take my eyes off of him.

"Ok. I'm just gonna say it. We went down to Dallas, Texas about a year after you left and we saw you there." Johnny said.

My mouth dropped. "But how would you know I pushed Liam off of me?" I asked curiously.

"Because we watched you after it closed to see if you acted any different." Ponyboy said quietly.

"YOU WHAT!" I yelled.

"And Dallas was the one who beat him up."

Now I was mad. I saw Dallas trying to sneak out. "DALLAS!" I yelled shoving him away from the door.

"Not only were you being a full on CREEP, you almost got me fired because he thought I did it!"

"But you didn't."

"I don't even wanna know how you know that. But he could have easily lied about it!" I thought for a second. That day was always embedded in my head. "Don't tell me you were the people under the table cloth who bolted out."

They all looked around waiting for someone to answer. "OH MY GOD!" I yelled digging my nails into my palm.

"I was the one using my thumbs with Darry and Two-Bit at the table and Johnny, Steve, Dallas, and Soda all ran out."

"You guys are so creepy!" I yelled.

"Your hands are gonna bleed." Johnny said.

I quickly loosened my grasp. "It was bound to come out at some point." Steve said.

"I wish I didn't know." I said with an eye roll.

"So you aren't mad?" Dallas yelled.

"Oh, I'm pissed. But what can I do about it? You did get Liam fired so I guess I'll let it slide." I said. We left it at that.

Our Saturday went by pretty fast. Haden and Alexander ran back and forth between houses all day and I just sat and watched TV with everyone, picked up lunch, and just hung out.

It was almost 9:00 at night and the sun had just set. Loretta, Lexi, Haylee, and Emma left earlier. We were watching old movies and there was a scream. Well, not really a scream but more of a yell. "Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah. What was it?" Steve asked. "It sounded like a kid."

"It wasn't Alexander or Haden." I said. "I've heard them yell one too many times to know it's not them. And they're at Loretta's right now." I said with an eye roll.

I went over to the back door and opened it. "Where are you going?" Ponyboy asked.

"To see what it was."

"Are you crazy?!" Sodapop yelled.

"No...?" I asked.

"You are. You lock the doors and stay inside. That's how you die in a horror movie."