Chapter 37

Your POV *7 Years Later*

Well... I got married. I got a new job as a realtor, we had two more kids. Jade, who's 5 and Damon who's 2, and they all are the spitting image of me.

Oh! And Haden graduates this year. Time really does fly. "Hey mom." Haden said coming in the door.

"Hi. How was school?"

"Alright. We got graduation tickets today." Haden said. He goes to Will Rogers and they started doing this thing where the kid gets to give away 6 tickets for free and everyone has to play ten dollars to come.

"Ooh. Who are you giving them to?" I asked with a grin.

"Well, you, dad, Jade, Haden, Olivia, and Dallas."

"Really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, I don't know. It's all family." I said.

"I was gonna say Damon but I only get 6 and he's kinda young.

"Yeah. I know. It's ok. We can always buy his." I said. "But why are you inviting me? I'm your mom." I said with a laugh.

"I mean, you don't have to come if you don't want to."

"NO! Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I just think it's weird. Y'know?"

"You were the first person I thought of. There's no way I wouldn't give it to you." I smiled.

"When is it?" I asked.

"A week from Saturday."

"Alright. I'll be there." I said.

A week went by and we all went. Dallas was also surprised he invited family.

"I'd like to bring up the valedictorian and the salutatorian. I'll start off with Amy Long as our salutatorian." The principal said. It wasn't the principal I had though.

She started off with a long speech and we clapped in the end.

"And finally, our valedictorian, Haden [Y/L/N]!" My eyes widened.

I leaned over to Dallas. "Did I hear that correctly?"

"I think so." He whispered.

"I wonder where he got that from." I whispered.

"Wasn't us." He said back.

We both laughed. "That's for sure."

"Hello. I'm Haden [Y/L/N] and I know I'm supposed to talk about high school and all the good memories I had and what I learned, but it's been a crazy four years. Never did I expect to be the valedictorian. But I just wanna keep this quick and simple."

He paused. "High school was great. I wish it didn't go by so fast. I'd like to thank my mom for raising me by herself for 6 years and putting up with my craziness. And then raising me for the next 12 years with someone else. I'll be going to college in New York with my best friend, Alexander, who my mom helped me meet 12 years ago when she forced me to go to school." He said with a laugh at the end. "So thanks mom." He said with a smile.

Everyone clapped and dang... I felt special. It was all over and he graduated. He officially graduated.

We met up after the ceremony was over and now it was time for all the goodbyes. "Why didn't you tell me you were valedictorian?" I asked.

"Surprise!" He said. He hugged me and thanked us for coming.

"Seriously, are we sure he's my kid?" I asked Johnny and Dallas.