Chapter 6

Your POV

The loud shrill shriek startled me. I looked over at Ponyboy and Dallas, but quickly realized it was from the other direction.

I turned around and there was a little girl who was probably five or six almost in tears. "Hey, you ok?" I asked. She shook her head. "What's wrong?"

"There's a spider." She said pointing to the ceiling.

"Oh. It's ok. It won't hurt you."

(Authors Note: It literally makes me cringe writing this because I would literally do the same thing as the little girl...:))

"Mama normally kills them for me but she's in surgery." She said pointing to the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here, I'll get it." I put my backpack down and grabbed a stool from the corner.

"What are you gonna kill it with?"

"My fingers." I smashed it with my thumb and it fell to the floor.

She screamed louder than before and started flailing.

I know people with arachnophobia but not this bad.

She hit her leg on the stool and I started shaking. "Oh! Wait!" I said. I fell off and it seemed to go super slow. I started shaking and then I lost my balance and I fell to the cold floor. I landed on my arm.

The whole building was silent as you heard my bone crack on the cold, tile floor.

Ponyboy's POV

Everyone was minding their own business and then you hear this really loud scream. [Y/N] looked at us and then over to the other side of her. There was this little girl freaking out over a spider on the ceiling.

[Y/N] offered to kill it for her and the spider fell and the girl freaked out.

But she hit the stool [Y/N] was on and went ballistic.

[Y/N] couldn't keep her balance and she fell. I heard her bone crack and I felt chills up my spine. I'm sure Dallas did too. He seemed to tense up in his seat.

Your POV

A nurse came up to me and I was in shock. "Oh goodness. Are you ok?" I quickly blinked away the pain and grabbed my stuff.

lYeah. I'm alright."

"The whole building just heard that crack. We should check it out." She says.

I looked at the clock on the wall. "I have somewhere to be." I said.

"This is kindareally important."

"Well, I don't have time for a broken arm." I said getting angry. "Just give me 20 minutes."

"[Y/N]-" She started.

I cut her off. "See ya in twenty!" I said walking out the door.

I drove to the school and my arm hurt like hell. I refused to let this hurt.

It did though...

I saw bruises starting to form on my arm as I got to the school. I went inside and I quickly found Loretta. "Hey." I said shaking.

"Oh my goodness. Are you ok?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I hate to spring this on you, but I just broke my arm and I'll probably be at the hospital for a while. So can you take Haden home. Please? I'll make it up to you. I promise. But if you can't, it's totally ok." She stopped my rambling and said it was ok.

I got her address and I went back to the hospital with the piece of paper with her address on it in my back pocket. I didn't have time to look at it.

I walked inside and the nurse was waiting for me. "Now what was that for?"