Chapter 3

Your POV

I finished my shift and it was just me and Liam cleaning up again. "Hope you aren't too mad at me."

I couldn't help but grin. "Not you. But I have a story for ya."

"What?"

"Well, I was waiting on a table today and it was seven people. I couldn't tell if they were boys or a girls but four of them rushed out of the building before I got over to them and when I looked over, the other three ducked their heads under the table cloth. One of them kept using their thumbs to tell me what to do. They just paid and left. They didn't eat anything. They just left."

"That's weird..." Liam said quietly.

"Yeah. And I wondered if it was about the song. I mean, it was just for fun."

"Yeah... fun... just-"

He couldn't find the right words. "You good?" I asked.

"Yeah. But, you said you would tell me about your hidden talents."

"I don't know if I'd consider them talents." I said with a laugh. "I was kinda hoping you'd forget." I said.

"Come on. Who am I gonna tell? What are they?"

I sighed. "Just to be clear... I have never been a stripped nor will I ever be one." He raised an eyebrow. "I am actually really good at pole dancing. I can play the guitar. And the only other one I have was revealed to everyone today when you played that song."

"Well, now I can see why you're embarrassed about the 'talents."

I laughed along with him. "Actually, I'm embarrassed about the guitar. I've been playing for three years and you're the first person I've told."

"It worries me that you're not embarrassed about the pole dancing."

We both laughed. "I mean, I am but people know about it."

"Who?"

"My ex-boyfriend and all my old friends from Tulsa." I said. "I didn't mean for them to find out but I was with my old friend and there was a vet that I couldn't pole dance and he didn't know I could, so I did it and they all saw." I laughed. I went towards the pole on the back of the stage. "I have a lot of body strength in general." I said grinning.

I climbed up the pole and used my legs to hold myself upside down." We both laughed.

I got down and he pulled Priscilla's guitar from behind the counter. "Play." He said.

"No."

"You just pole danced. Let's see you do something more mature." We both laughed. I played a quick tune and I put it back. "You're really good. Why is it a secret?"

"I just don't like it. I wasn't the type of girl to be playing the guitar. I'm not sure I am yet. I was actually voted most likely to drop out and become an "exotic dancer" my freshman year of high school."

He laughed. "Come here." He said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Just come on." We walked up to the stage. "People were cheering for you today."

I laughed. "Yeah. It was funny. A teenage girl up here singing about sex and drugs with her best friend."

"I didn't think it was funny."

I looked at him. He was dead serious. "What are you talking about?"

"I knew when you were singing about it, you wanted me."