Chapter 7

Your POV

I walked over to my car and stood there wondering if it was worth the embarrassment.

But I sat behind it and started pushing on it with my back. I kept slipping and I looked like an idiot.

After a minute of pushing the car, it moved the slightest bit. I bolted up in awe. "No way!" I said excitedly.

I quickly stopped the excitement and realized I probably moved it an inch in a minute.

I sighed and sunk down to the concrete in the rain behind my car.

This is useless.

"Need help?" Someone asked. It was Ponyboy.

"No." I said snarkily.

"You look like you need it." I sighed.

He held out his hand for me to stand up but ignored it. I showed him my hands and they were bleeding from me digging my nails into them. "Jeez you still have that habit?" Ponyboy asked.

I nodded and stood up. Dallas and Johnny were behind him. "Ok. Fine. I do need help. But there's nothing I can do. So I guess I'll be walking."

"How far is it?" Johnny asked.

"Probably like ten miles."

"And you're gonna walk that far?" Dallas asked.

"Well I am until someone offers me a ride or if not it'll be a good exercise."

"We can give you a ride if ya want." Dallas said.

I crossed my arms. "Why are you being nice?" I asked scrunching up my nose.

"Because we've matured." Johnny said.

"I don't know if you know, but earlier today Dallas got tricked into standing outside."

"I said matured. Not got smarter."

I sighed. "Fair point. You got me. Alright."

We went to their car and they all went to the front and I went to the back. Dallas got in the front and started driving. "Where are we going to?" He asked.

"Uhh..." I pulled out the piece of paper out of my back pocket and gave it to Dallas without looking at it. "Know where it is?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. This is my neighbors house."

I saw a glimpse of the paper. "Wait. That's my neighbors house."

"So you're the one moving down the street? The people there were really weird before. Did you meet them?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I didn't have a lot of time when I looked at it. I only had two months to find a house and get moved in."

"Why?" Ponyboy asked. "Shouldn't they have given you more time."

"It's a long story but I had two months to dedicate my entire time to it." I left it at that.

Time went on and we eventually got to the house. It was still raining and I saw Haden and Alexander outside throwing mud at each other.

"Oh God..." I mumbled. "Well. Thanks for the ride. See y'all around."

"Bye." They all said collectively.

They pulled into Dallas' driveway and I went to see Haden and Alexander. I saw Loretta in the garage trying not to get wet.

"Hey. What happened?"

"It's a long story. The shortened version is that I fell off a stool trying to kill a spider, broke my arm, ran into my old friends and ex-boyfriend, my car ran out of gas, and they gave me a ride home." I said running out of breath.