Chapter 16

Your POV *10 years ago*

I went back inside with a feeling of relief. My parents are awful! I hate them!

I feel like everyone says this, but mine are truly horrible. But they work together and they're on a business trip right now together in Idaho.

I wish they got divorced already.

They hate each other.

I've had to hide my moms pregnancy, because she cheated on my dad with another guy.

My dad's mistress is here sometimes, too; so, I am expecting another pregnancy with her. She has a husband who's now infertile. It's safe to assume that I'll be hiding another pregnancy in the near future. They're less careful than my mom.

But I locked all the doors and just sat on the couch. I never get to relax anymore. I'm always wandering about and stressing out if my parents find me.

But I get two weeks to myself and I plan to enjoy it.

So what did I do?

I ordered pizza.

I just got a large cheese. I waited about 20 minutes and it was delivered.

I heard the doorbell ring and I got off the couch and opened the door. There were two boys. They didn't look much older than me.

"Hi. Are you [Y/N]?" I nodded. "Ok. Your total is $4.08."

I searched my pockets. "I'm so sorry. I don't have any money." I said trying to look sad.

"Jesus Christ, Dylan. I hate this job." The one on the right said.

"What do we do now?" The one who was supposedly named Dylan said.

"I don't know! I hate this job."

He said throwing his hat on my front doorstep. I just stood there in confusion.

"Wait! Use your parents money." Dylan said thinking he had a good idea.

"They're out of town for two weeks." The other one groaned.

"Why did you order pizza without money!?" He yelled.

"I thought I had some!" I said trying to look scared.

"Brent, calm down." Dylan said. He gave me the pizza and continued. "We can just explain the situation. I'm sure they'll be ok with it." Dylan said.

"Fine let's go." Brent said picking up the hat. I put the pizza down and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Dylan asked.

"You guys are so gullible." I said holding out a five dollar bill.

"YOU LIAR!" Brent yelled. I smirked.

"Why did you do that?" Dylan asked coming back up to the front doorstep.

"I like to mess with people. But, to make it up to you guys, how about you come in and we can share the pizza."

"I don't know." Dylan said.

"Why are you inviting two random strangers in your house?" Brent asked.

"Because I'm gonna be alone for the next two weeks and I can't eat an entire large pizza by myself." I said.

"I'm hungry. I don't care if she's a psychopath." Brent said coming inside.

"You coming?" I asked Dylan.

He sighed. "Why not." I grabbed the pizza and brought it to the kitchen.