Chapter 28

Dallas' POV - 1966

We all went back to the hotel we were staying at and boy was it awkward. I'm pretty sure everyone was mad at me for beating that kid up, but I dunno. He made me angry. Something about him pissed me off.

Ponyboy and I were sharing a room, Steve and Soda had a room, Darry and Two-Bit were sharing a room and Johnny had a room by himself. Ponyboy said he could stay with us but Darry said no.

He didn't specify why, but we all knew. Ponyboy eventually caught on. And it was a good choice because after tonight, I don't know if we'd make it through the night.

Ponyboy and I were laying in our beds and I got an idea... hell, I wanted to know more about why she's here. "Hey, kid. I got an idea."

"I already don't like it." He said.

"Come on. Wanna go find [Y/N]?"

"No." He said putting a shirt on.

"Why not?"

"Why do you care so bad?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"You mean to tell me you aren't the slightest bit curious?" He stayed silent. "Come on. I'm going no matter what. So just come on." I said.

"Fine. But Darry can't know. He'll kill me."

"We aren't telling anyone. Just us. Hurry up." I said putting on my jacket.

Johnny's POV

"Shit, Ponyboy." I mumbled to myself. He took my comb today in the car and he never gave it back.

I was about to go knock on his and Dallas' door, but I overheard a very interesting conversation.

Why would they wanna go do that?

Well, I guess I'm gonna follow them.

They started walking over to the door and I hid around the corner. They walked down the stairs and I made sure to keep my distance.

Dallas' POV

"So should we go to where she works?"

"She's probably not there. What about her house?" He asked.

"And how are we gonna find that?" I asked.

"I know where it is." I glared at him. "That's a little weird."

"It's a long story." He replied quickly.

He showed me where it was and he was right. It wasn't the nicest house of all time. Probably had a kitchen, a bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom but that's it.

Her hair was a mess and it looked like she hasn't slept in days. She was laying on her bed looking at the babies bed. I'm not sure what it's called. I wondered if she was starving herself. I'm not sure how I didn't notice it earlier.

Your POV

"SHUT UP!" I yelled.

HE NEVER STOPS CRYING! I groaned.

"If you stop, I'll give you a carrot." I said groggily.

"Or a hershey bar." I said.

I wasn't actually, but maybe it'll make him stop.

"I'm not playing that damn guitar. Actually, I think I'll probably burn it tomorrow." He didn't stop.

"I don't know what you want. But I want to sleep." I said hitting my head against the pillow.

He didn't stop.

"Please shut up! I'll love you forever!" I begged.

He didn't stop.