Chapter 20

Your POV - 1965

"No!" I snapped. "It's 10 pirouette's on the count of 4. Not 5 on the count of 8." I scolded.

"I can't do it!" She moaned. "Show me."

"I CAN'T! DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD IF I COULD!" I yelled. It turned into a screaming fest and finally I stopped her. "Fine. I'll show you. It won't be perfect because I only have one leg but I'll try, because God forbid you do one goddamn thing on your own."

I hate her.

I got up on the stage and I did what I wanted. "And don't forget there will be two other girls behind you."

She did it and her leg was sticking out.

"Stop!" I snapped. "Why aren't you bending your leg?" I asked.

"Because you didn't." I threw the pieces of paper to the ground and screamed.

"I CAN'T PHYSICALLY BEND MY LEG! IT'S FRACTURED! BEND YOUR LEG!" I yelled.

"Can you show me one more time?" I took a breath.

"Yes. I will." I got on the stage and I looked at the lighting desk up front and used it as a spot. But I saw someone walk out of the woods into the light. I tried to focus but then I realized who it was...

Brent Waters.

I lost my spot and I fell.

"Oh my God! Are you ok?" Lana asked. She tried to help me up but I pushed her away and groaned "We're done for today. I'll see you tomorrow." I felt my nails dig into my hands as I ran into the woods. "BRENT!" I yelled. "I SAW YOU!" I kept looking around and I heard someone behind me.

"Hey." He said. I snapped around.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in jail for another 8 months."

"Good behavior."

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled as he got closer. I pushed him into a tree and sighed. "Look. I hate you. Stay away from me. Leave me alone. Keep making excuses. I don't care. I'll keep going along with that math grade excuse. Just go away." I begged.

"No thank you."

"What do you want from me!?" I yelled as he walked away. "What do I have to do? What is it, Brent? Why are you doing this to me?"

He got closer and I just stood my grounds. "I like messing with people." He said with a smirk.

"Brent, what you did wasn't just messing with me. It was downright evil." I said angrily.

"No more evil. Just messing." He said walking away.

I felt my nails dig into my skin as I watched him leave the woods.

I can't do this anymore.

DAMMIT!

Johnny's POV

"I really don't think this is about a D on an assignment." I said.

"I don't either. But I mean, what do we know."

"Let's continue this night and follow her home." Dallas said.

"Dal, come on." Ponyboy and I both drawled.

"What? Don't we wanna know what really happened to her? We all know that it wasn't a thief. Come on."

"Fine. But if we don't find out, you're paying for the next time we go somewhere." Ponyboy said.

"Fine." Dallas continued.

Your POV

I grabbed my jacket and started limping home. It's not too far but I had to go through the woods to get there which I never really liked.