Chapter 18

Your POV - 1964

I couldn't sleep that night.

If I were to go back and change anything about my life, it wouldn't be a new family or anything.

It would to be having Dylan leave on good terms with me.

God I hate myself for it. I ended up throwing away the dress and just leaving it at that.

I hid the plastic trophy in a box in the back of my closet along with the other one from last year.

But I heard my mom come home and my dad's mistress leave; so, I climbed out my window and started walking for the next few hours.

To where? I don't know. But at this point, I don't care.

Brent's POV

I had to get arrested that night. I had to. I knew Dylan was leaving and I knew that I would hurt [Y/N] if I didn't get arrested.

Her dad said he'd pay me 500 dollars to hurt her. If you know what I mean. He wants her to get pregnant and move away.

I knew Dylan would never talk to me if I did that to her but I need this money.

Then I don't have to ever work for the next year!

But I am good friends with [Y/N]. She'll hate me.

But I have Dallas and his friends, Ponyboy and Johnny.

I have to.

I need money.

I'm sorry, [Y/N].

Your POV

It's almost my birthday! My birthday is June 22nd and it's the 5th.

I've never had anyone to celebrate it with but Dylan and Brent did last year.

Even though it's only gonna be me and Brent this year, I'm kinda excited. It gives me an excuse to eat cake anyway.

But I think Brent got released yesterday and he'll be over in two days.

Boy was I wrong.

I was getting ready and I had my night clothes laid out because my parents are coming home tonight from a business trip and I don't wanna be here for that.

But I was walking into the bathroom and Brent walked in the door. "Hey. I didn't know you were coming over tonight." I said. He wasn't talking. "Hello?"

"Take your hair out?"

"What? Why?"

"I like it better."

"Uhh... what are you doing?" I asked as he got closer. He pushed me into the railing. "WHAT THE HELL!?" I yelled.

"Come here." He said grunting.

"Brent! What the fuck!" I screamed. He pushed me back into my room. He had a knife. I let out a squeal. "WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU!?" I screamed.

"Come here!" He yelled as I struggled to pull away.

Jesus, he is strong.

He grabbed his knife and cut my top down the front. It cut a huge gash into my stomach and I let out a scream of bloody murder. "SHUT UP!" He yelled.

"What are you doing?" I asked with tears streaming down my face.

I'll leave out the details but by the end of the night,I had bruises up and down my body and there was a huge scar that was gonna be forming on my stomach.