Chapter 31

Your POV

"Alright. How in the world did this happen?" He asked.

"Johnny, you're old enough to know how this works." I said.

He rolled his eyes with a grin. "Haha. Very funny. I am but if I'm correct, it takes nine months." He said.

"It's early. It took 8 months." I said.

"But-"

I stopped him. "I hid it. Like I did 8 years ago. With my dads mistress and my mom."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because... it seemed right at the time... I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want you to tell me to get rid of her or leave."

"Why would I say that?" He asked.

"I- I don't know. I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking. I thought you'd think I cheated-"

"I'm more suspicious now than I would have been." He stopped. "Wait... the test came back negative."

At this point, I was leaning against the wall and he was in front of me so I couldn't leave. "He lied. It was positive."

"Why did he lie?" He asked.

"Because he thought I was in an abusive relationship."

"You told him you weren't, right?"

"Yes! Of course I did! And I was gonna tell you, but I didn't know how."

"You should have just told me! I would have much rather found out then than now." He said.

"I know. I'm not the greatest at making decisions."

"Clearly." He said with a small smile.

"Just put yourself in my position!" I said getting defensive.

"I mean, imagine this...You think everything's fine and then all of a sudden it was all a lie. and your entire life is about to change. How would you tell me that?" I asked trying to get a good excuse.

"Ok. Now put yourself in my position. So for the past however long it's been... 8 months? Yeah. Everything's been great. You don't suspect anything and then all of a sudden, you get a call from... I dunno. Let's say Dallas telling you to meet him at the hospital. And when you ask why, he says he can't tell you. And then you ask if I'm ok and he stutters for a second and says, "He will be soon."'

I spoke up. "To be fair,Loretta didn't call you." I said.

"I was gonna find out eventually." He said.

"I was just hoping it would be after it all happened." I said with a fake smile.

"I know you're gonna hate me for this, but I have to know, is it mine?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes! Who's elses would it be? I mean, I would get a test but it's just a waste of money because I know it's yours-" He stopped me.

"Calm down. I believe you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Of course."

"Why?"

"Would you like me to not believe you?"

"Well, no but-"

"Look, I don't care anyways. I mean, yeah I care, but it won't change anything. I don't care. When are you gonna realize I'm always gonna be here for you?" I was unsure of what to say. "I don't care what it is. It could be if you should get strawberries or raspberries. You could be held at gunpoint. You could cheat again. I don't care. I'll be here. Hell, I hope those last two things don't happen but if they did, just call me and I'll be there."

He paused as I stood there in shock. "If you ever need to chose between strawberries and raspberries though, always go for raspberries."

"Did you just say you'd be there for me if I cheated?" I asked. He nodded. "Now that's how I know you're lying." I said.

"How?"

"Where was this 8, 9 years ago? You left pretty quickly."

"Ok. One, people change. I mean, look at us. And two, I was mad. I didn't want anything to do with you. But after about a week, I was upset with myself. I could have handled that in a much better way than giving you a scar. I could have done it differently. And by the time I realized that, you were already gone. If I could have just learned a week sooner you could have stayed. Then my mental health started going down hill and that's after I realized I messed up."

"YOU messed up?"

"Well, we both did." He wasn't wrong. "And when I saw you again in Texas, I realized I needed you more than you needed me."

"And remember how that night ended?" He let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. But I mean, what did that change. You didn't know I was there." Again, he wasn't wrong. "Why don't you just ask for help?"

"Because I don't need it." I said.

"Yes, you do. This is what I'm here for. You. You, me, Haden, and now... her." We didn't have a name yet so he just stuck with 'her.'

"I know but-"

He cut me off. "But you don't know. If you did, you would have just told me."

"I didn't know what to do!" I said with a laugh.

"Look, from now on, I don't care what it is. I'm gonna be there. You could do anything and I wouldn't leave you. Alright?" I stayed silent. "You still don't believe me?" I shook my head. "Well... thanks for the honesty. But don't you think I would have left after all this?" I nodded. "But I'm still here."

I smirked. "You're right. I know you are. I'm wrong. Again."

He grinned and pulled me into a hug. "Is this something we're gonna have to hide from everyone for a month before we tell them?"

I laughed. "No. We can tell them."

He smirked. "Also, I thought that Dallas just had weak genes when I saw Haden. But no. I think you just have strong ones because how in the WORLD do these kids look nothing like Dallas and I but look just like you?" I laughed.

"What can I say?" I said with a smile.

We spent the next day in the hospital and I was sick of it there. But we weren't allowed to leave until we chose a name.

It took forever.

It had to be perfect.

But we finally decided on one.

Who knew that chosing a name was so hard? I mean, it was all up to me last time but this time we had to... agree.

Johnny's POV

It's been a weird day. Crazy actually. How am I ever gonna know if she's ever actually pregnant?

There's still a whole bunch of stuff I don't know about her that she won't tell. I think that's what I would change about her. I wish she wasn't so closed up and secretive.

Hell, I didn't know about what went on 8 years ago. Imagine everything I missed.

But she was eager to get out of here and so was I. We had to bed them to let us leave but they kept saying she should rest.

She made me go get her tons of coffee. She'll be fine. And, hello... have you met her? I never know if she's really ok or she's just saying she is.

But she finally got them to let us leave. I know she's gonna hate this but it's time to introduce her to everyone.