Chapter 14

Your POV

It kept coming. Just non-stop orange liquid. I barely even made it to the bathroom.

"[Y/N]?" Johnny asked. I didn't have time to respond. "Wait what the hell?" He asked. I finally got a breath and he knelt down next to me. "Are you ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Ok. That was a rhetorical question. What is this?"

"It's probably just the flu or something. It's nothing. I'll go to bed and I'll be fine by the morning."

He stared at me like I was crazy. "This isn't something you can just sleep off." He said.

"Well, I can try."

Yeah. He was right...

That did not work.

I moved a bucket by my bed and I didn't stop puking until an hour before I had to wake up. "Sorry for keeping you up." I said to Johnny.

"It's ok. But... what do you think this is?"

"I don't know. The flu?"

"I don't know." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked spitting out toothpaste.

"Look, I know we used protection. But what if you're pregnant?"

I stared blankly into the mirror in front of me. I wasn't quite sure what to say. "Do you think I cheated?" I said getting defensive.

"No. I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying, it could have broke. I don't know. It fits the timeline of events."

"Johnny, I'm not pregnant. That's for sure."

"Look, there's no harm in just getting a test."

"But it will be pointless."

"Come on. I just wanna know why you don't feel good."

"Well there's other sicknesses out there that don't involve being pregnant."

"Come on, [Y/N]. I hate arguing with you and you know that. But please. I'll drive Haden to school and then I'll drive you to the hospital. Deal?" I thought for a second. "You can say you told me so if you're right." He said with a small smile.

I laughed. "Ok fine." I really did hate arguing with Johnny. Only because I know it's like walking on thin ice.

It can break any minute.

We got Haden up and we went to the hospital I work at. "Hi, [Y/N]." Dr. Andreas said.

"Hi. Are you busy?"

"Not currently. What's up?"

"Wait... is Lexi here?"

"Lexi... ?"

"Lexi Noera?"

"No. She'll be here in an hour."

"Ok. Well can I get a pregnancy test?"

"Oh sure. Is this your boyfriend?" He asked looking at Johnny.

"Yeah. Can we make this fast please."

"Alright. Come with me." We followed him into a room and he took some of my blood and left for almost a half hour.

"So what do you think?" Johnny asked.

"You know what I think." I said with a grin. "What about you?"

"I'm fine either way. No matter what, we're in this together, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I said, still hoping that it was negative.

Finally, the doctor came back and he handed me the piece of paper and we both read over it. We both let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry guys."

"No. Thank you." I said with a feeling of relief. He left and I grinned at Johnny. "I told you so."

We both laughed. He hugged me. "Better safe than sorry. Hopefully this will pass over soon and we can go back no sleeping normally."

I laughed. "Sorry." We left and Johnny walked out and went home. He said he'd pick me up later.

I went to sign in for the day and Dr. Andreas came up to me. "Can I talk to you?"

"Oh sure. Yeah. What's up?"

"Are you and, Johnny's his name?" I nodded. "Are you guys ok?"

People asking if I'm ok seems to be a topic coming up recently.

"Yeah. We're perfect actually. Why?"

"Well, I just felt that in the room there was an awkward feeling. Like you guys were on bad terms. Is there abuse going on?"

"What? No. Look, thank you for your concern but we are fine."

"Well, in that case..." He handed me a slip of paper. "I gave you a fake pregnancy test. I didn't want him to know at first just in case there was something fishy going on."

I stared at the little slip of paper. "This isn't funny..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry for the confusion but you are in fact pregnant. There's only a 1 in a million chance that it's wrong."

Those words. 1 in a million.

"There's still a chance..." I mumbled remembering past memories.

"What was that?" I shook myself back to reality.

"Nothing. Thank you."

"If you want, I can get you the day off. Or I can call Johnny for you, also."

"No, thank you. I can do it." I said with a smile. "I'll be ok."

"Alright. Good luck, [Y/N]."

I smiled and sat at the front desk.

What now?

Johnny thinks I just have some sickness.

How am I supposed to tell him-

I stopped my thoughts.

I don't.

I don't have to tell him.

My mom was constantly cheating on my dad and my dad was constantly cheating on my mom. I have hid 4 pregnancies before... I can just hide mine.

My dad's mistress got pregnant once and she had a husband who was infertile so I had to hide that one.

And my mom got pregnant three times from her flings.

I can just hide this!

I have to.

Johnny isn't ready for a kid.

He said it himself. I can't spring that upon him.

I can do this...

*One Month Later*

The easy part is coming to an end. My stomach will keep getting bigger and bigger. It'll get more and more painful but it's too far into this to tell Johnny.

But we were over at Dallas' and Lexi came running in the door. "I'M ENGAGED!" She yelled running up to Emma. "WE'RE GONNA BE SISTERS!" She screamed.

Soda came trailing in behind her. "Wow. Steve you're really late to the game." Hayley said. He rolled his eyes playfully.

I tried to look supportive. Don't get me wrong, I was. But I was also terrified. Johnny said he's telling the gang he has a girlfriend... he's not saying it's me but he's saying it soon.

He came in the door and Loretta followed in. Haden and Alexander ran through the house to the fridge. I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Johnny. You look like your in a good mood." Ponyboy said.

"I am."

"Why's that?"

"I got a girlfriend." He said with a smile.

"NO!!!!!" Ponyboy yelled.